• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vhd (brand)

which vhd type do your buns have?

• lapinjet

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • cylap

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
which does your bunny have cylap or lapinjet? mine have only had lapinjet once last year other years and this one they had cylap

and di you notice any effects etc, like sleepiness, limps, etc

Mine all have Lapinject. So far noBun has any side effects at all.

When I used Cylap I had Buns develope a limp, Buns develope a severe skin reaction and Buns who were generally 'off colour' for 24-36 hours.

Last time it was Cylap and 1/4 of the buns was very slow and subdued for a day after. Next time I'm going to try and get lapinject because I have 4 at once I hope they will let me.

Mine have lapinject. They only had the cylap once and Jasper developed the limp, I was planning on asking for the lapinject after that but my vet had switched to it anyway. I've never had any side effects with lapinject.

My vets apparently like to switch which one they use. :roll: Which I only noticed this year when one of my bunnies developed a limp following his Cylap vaccine. The year before my four had all been done with Lapinject, so I didn't ask for it specifically assuming it'd be the same, only to later realise it was not.

I'll be asking for Lapinject next year for them all, however, as I don't want to risk Edgar having a limp again.

Took mine to a different vet this year so they could have Lapinject, our vet only offers cylap - they say they haven't had any problems. This was my buns first one and although our old bun never had any problems with Cylap I didn't want to risk it having read of problems on here.

our vets changed to Lapinject at my request
Previously with Cylap, had not had any buns with limp, but did have severe skin reactions
Lapinject is also cheaper:D

Star had a Cylap jab on Monday and was very quiet yesterday - she didn't come out for her free range in the garden which is unheard of for her. She's ok again today though! Phew!

cylap..

Alvin got the limp first time around but no reaction last year

Pearl had it for the first time last year and got some pretty mean scabs, but otherwise was fine.

it will be cylap again this year and hopefully the reaction is a one time thing just like Alvins was :D

Lynx and Amber had lapinject as their parents had severe reaction to cylap, Lynx didnt react at all with lapinject but Amber got quite a raw patch but after fuciderm it healed very quickly and wasnt too big an area

Last edited:
This item has been really helpful - thank-you!

My bunny had his first VHD jab yesterday and has been very quiet ever since. And this morning he just looked fed up, not his usually giddy self at all. Hopefully its just a side effect which will wear off. Its upsetting to see him like this. I also noticed a slight limp. So I am going to take not of the brand for next time. :?

Amber had her first VHD last year which was Cylap, but after reading everything on here i will certainly ask for Lapinject this year.

When I had Muffin and Gilbert they had Cylap and both had the limp, but Beau had it too earlier this year and had no side effects.

Hate to say it, but I'm not sure which Petal had. Angel never had the VHD because she wasn't well.

You wouldn't even know Petal had been to the vets after her jab. No issues or reactions at all. Only cost £10.72 as well ;)

Cylap, as I was never given the choice. Velvet had a skin reaction last time so I will be asking for lapinject next time.

Back