• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I find this so sad

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Its actually good news, but at the same time I also find it really sad :(

You may have seen pictures of Marion and Geoff when they arrived here after being rescued from a "rescue". I was asked to take them on as the owner of the "rescue" said Marion was incontinent due to kidney failure, the owner said to me themselves that Marion didn't have long left :( Marion was also being treated regularly with antibiotic injections, which should never be prescribed for rabbits, because of her incontinence :?

Since Marion's arrival there has been no evidence of Kidney problems although it was evident straight away she had major dental problems. Marion went in for her dental today so I asked for pre surgery bloods to be taken just out or curiosity. The good news is her kidneys are functioning normally :) But it makes me so sad to think that for 2 years an old bunny has been kept in such disgusting conditions that her owner thought she was dying of kidney failure, when all she needed was to be kept clean and dry :(

As far as the dental was concerned, my vet just rang me up to say she was amazed that Marion was able to eat at all. ALL of her molars were falling out and some had actually come out and were floating loose in her mouth :shock: She now has very few teeth left but we are hoping she will still be able to eat normally . Although her incisors are loose and deformed due to being cut with nail clippers she hasn't had them removed as they do still line up OK so we will just see how she gets on with them :)

Geoff will also need a dental in the future but his teeth aren't too bad just now. At the moment he is fighting a nasty eye infection and is needing his tear duct regularly flushed, because of this he hasn't been able to have his VHD :(

Oh how sad :( At least they are safe, clean and dry with you now and can receive proper vet care... Tragic that they were stuck for so long :(

Last edited:
So very sad, but alas it does confirm that anyone who initially raised concerns was right to do so.

So glad that Marion is doing well now, she must feel so much more comfortable and happy :)

I would love to sponsor them...I hope Eddie doesn't mind me sponsoring another Rainbow Rabbit :lol:

Thanks Louise, all the info you need is here http://www.rainbowrabbits.co.uk/sponsor_a_rainbow_rabbit.htm :) I probably wont get them done until next week as we are attempting to lay carpets this weekend and will need to dismantle the computer :roll:

I wont tell Eddie as he thinks we only have 6 rabbits as he never leaves the lounge :lol:

Last night I passed on a big kiss from his Auntie Alison and he gave me such a look as if to say " Mother leave me alone can't you see I am having my supper and watching Eastenders" :lol::lol::love:

Poor Marion :( It just defies belief that her previous owner didn't have bloods taken to check kidney function.

So glad Marion and Geoff are safe with you now :D

Thanks Louise, all the info you need is here http://www.rainbowrabbits.co.uk/sponsor_a_rainbow_rabbit.htm :) I probably wont get them done until next week as we are attempting to lay carpets this weekend and will need to dismantle the computer :roll:

I wont tell Eddie as he thinks we only have 6 rabbits as he never leaves the lounge :lol:

Last night I passed on a big kiss from his Auntie Alison and he gave me such a look as if to say " Mother leave me alone can't you see I am having my supper and watching Eastenders" :lol::lol::love:

No rush, I know how busy you are!!

Ha ha poor Eddie if only he knew the truth... :lol:

Back