• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

run ideas...?

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
At the mo my bunnies have a 3ft x 3ft run which i hate its too small.

My mum and dad are clean freaks, and the only way they are going to let me have a bigger one is if i can get one that folds up that i can put away in shed or something when its not being used :roll:

Any ideas?

Would it be for supervised or unsupervised use? You can buy fold up runs from the happyhutch company (they aren't cheap though!) which have roofs and would be more secure. If you would only use it 100% supervised, you could go for the metal run panels that fix together into any shape you want. You can buy as many packs as you like to make a big run - but it wouldn't have any lid so would need to be totally supervised all the time.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638

Ive had one small one of these which I upgraded to two big ones. I think they are fab. I put them on their sides and two goes around the grass in my garden very nicely! (Supervised of course)

Can I ask why people would not recommend them for unsupervised play? I didn't like the stakes they provided so use tent pegs, but I do think if put up properly they would be rather secure as they are welded mesh.

As said never used them as a run, not enough space for 4 buns even in a large one, I don't think. And I couldn't find a safe way of joining two together.

I don't think those zooplus ones are anywhere near secure enough for full unsupervised use - the actual metal itself may be lovely and strong but it just joins together through a series of tucks and weaves which can easily be pulled apart by a sharp yank or a bash - a fox could easily do that IMHO!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638

Ive had one small one of these which I upgraded to two big ones. I think they are fab. I put them on their sides and two goes around the grass in my garden very nicely! (Supervised of course)

Can I ask why people would not recommend them for unsupervised play? I didn't like the stakes they provided so use tent pegs, but I do think if put up properly they would be rather secure as they are welded mesh.

As said never used them as a run, not enough space for 4 buns even in a large one, I don't think. And I couldn't find a safe way of joining two together.

I have one of these and think they are great HOWEVER just a word of warning I have had one incident of where one of the 'blind' rabbits got scared (and it was one of my blind one so may not happen to a 'normal' rabbit) and was running around like a mad thing, based the side panel and the top came crashing down! Luckily all 4 bunnies were okay ....

Back