• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please

Sam-hughes

New Kit
Hello!
Im new to this forum but i have a quick question.

I have had my rabbit bunnie for around 5 or 6 years and she is very calm and sweet i thought

And around a year ago brought two other rabbits, honey and elsa
They get along fine together but they don't get along with bunnie.
I would love them to all get along and it would make things alot easier.

Any ideas?
I introduced them on mutual ground but still no luck :cry:

Much appreciated,
Sam

Hello!
Im new to this forum but i have a quick question.

I have had my rabbit bunnie for around 5 or 6 years and she is very calm and sweet i thought

And around a year ago brought two other rabbits, honey and elsa
They get along fine together but they don't get along with bunnie.
I would love them to all get along and it would make things alot easier.

Any ideas?
I introduced them on mutual ground but still no luck :cry:

Much appreciated,
Sam

Are they all neutered?

Does can be very hormonal and highly strung, and it is best to get them spayed. The reduction in hormones will improve their behavior and should make bonding easier.

Spaying is also advised as does can get uterin cancer. It's thought that spaying can add 3 years to a does life. I honestly think spaying is the answer to your problem.

thank you, is my older rabbit to old to be spayed?
There is greater risk at that age but there are plenty of success stories of rabbits that age being spayed and it will reduce the risk of her getting uterine cancer. Have you discussed it with your vet? If your vet isnt rabbit savvy let us know where you are and someone can suggest one near to you

Back