• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank's been admitted :( U/D 07/08..He's gone..

He just laid there yesterday morning when I went to see him...
Usually he runs away, he's a bit of a free-range bun, and doesn't like to be handled too often..He didn't move, I really thought he was dead then..
I syringed a little recovery food and left plenty of his favourite foods for him to eat, and he perked up a little, I told the OH to watch him closely, and that if he looked bad again to phone my friend (who luckily happens to be a vet nurse) to come and take him up to the vet, thankfully my vet is a minutes walk from my house :lol: but he hates going in there, so he put him outside to run in the garden and he took to hops and his legs gave out
OH put him back in his hutch with his wifeybun, and left him for a bit :roll: men..
When I got home from work, around 12 I found him sprawled out in his hutch, wifey by his side grooming him :cry:
Took him straight to the vets who said they would watch him until 2 when surgery opened, I saw my vet, told her, and said I didn't care what the cost was, I just wanted to take him home.
He's had fluids, antibiotics, steroids and a gut mobiliser, and last thing I heard last night was that he was up hopping about and eating by himself, but that his legs do keep giving way under him..He should *fingers crossed* be home today. We've got a brand new hutch with his name on it :love:
Sorry for the long post, I just dno't think anyone else really understands what it's like when your bunny gets sick, I was in pieces all day yesterday :(

Hope your bunny gets well soon and perks up when he gets back home....familiar environment always seems to help :)
I too would want to know about his legs? neuromuscular, vascular, CNS or EC?...hoping they can give you some idea as to what is going on.

Do the Vets know why his legs keep 'giving way' ?

I hope he will soon be well

xx

I think it's just weakness from not eating....He's still weighing just over 2kg, but he's usually about 2.8 or so.
I phoned the vets again just now, but they said he had gotten worse overnight.
He drank a whole bowl of water, but is now refusing everything and trying his best not to take food
We're going to ask if we can go and see him tonight (are they allowed to refuse me?) and if he's not looking better, we're going to give him 24hrs...
It's been 6 weeks of misery for my little man..First bronchitis, then an eye infection, then he broke his teeth, he's recovered from this once already, and after a few tummy rubs he poo'd again, but it's back this time :(

Just been up to have a talk with my vet. Frank is eating from a syringe, and drinking water by himself...
We were allowed into see him, he's looking a little better, despite dried recovery food round his chops!
He was apparently much, much worse this morning, they thought they had lost him :cry:
But when we walked into the room he's in, he kind of crawled over to the door of the cage and bowed his head down..It's weird, it was almost like he was happy to see us :shock:
I know he's fighting as hard as he can...But my OH and I still don't think he's coming home any other way than in a box :cry:
It's just a shame he's still so young, but as long as he'll keep trying, we'll keep paying :roll:
So far, for 1 and a half day's treatment it was £105.50... Thought my OH was gonna pass out when he heard that :lol:

Just been up to have a talk with my vet. Frank is eating from a syringe, and drinking water by himself...
We were allowed into see him, he's looking a little better, despite dried recovery food round his chops!
He was apparently much, much worse this morning, they thought they had lost him :cry:
But when we walked into the room he's in, he kind of crawled over to the door of the cage and bowed his head down..It's weird, it was almost like he was happy to see us :shock:
I know he's fighting as hard as he can...But my OH and I still don't think he's coming home any other way than in a box :cry:
It's just a shame he's still so young, but as long as he'll keep trying, we'll keep paying :roll:
So far, for 1 and a half day's treatment it was £105.50... Thought my OH was gonna pass out when he heard that :lol:

I hope he makes it home....will keep my fingers crossed for you. Could he not come home to be medicated by you? Bunnies often respond well to and perk up in a familiar environment with their family around them. I hope he gets better :)

Poor little guy, I hope he pulls through, sending loads of vibes.

I know what you mean about people not understanding. My father in law laughed at us when we took the day off when Sammy got neutered :x. You just cant focus on anything else they are part of the family part of us not just something nice to look at!

Are you allowed to take his little wifey in to see if that gives him a boost!

Poor little guy, I hope he pulls through, sending loads of vibes.

I know what you mean about people not understanding. My father in law laughed at us when we took the day off when Sammy got neutered :x. You just cant focus on anything else they are part of the family part of us not just something nice to look at!

Are you allowed to take his little wifey in to see if that gives him a boost!

I wish.. :roll: My vet has told me he shouldn't be around other buns for a bit, apparently he needs some rest and relaxation..
They went and bought him some pineapple juice especially :p
I just hope he makes it through the night.. And poos... I never thought I'd be so anxious for poo :shock:
It'd be nice to have him home and treat him here, but I don't wanna disturb him and stress him by moving him again

Oh, and when Chunks was neutered, my OH and I had the day of the op off, and the day after to make sure he was okay :lol:

Back