• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vhd reactions

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
rabbits home had full MOT and both doing great despite mowgli's underlying problems, his teeth are fine etc, he has lost weight which we knew but he is probrably better then month back he weigh 1.7kg now in feb was 1.9kg

rosie 0.9kg the same as always

got home rosie quite as usual then she goes missing from my room :shock: run around house like a fool searched everywhere when mum found her in their bedroom sat near dads computer under the bed, but refusing to move out, i got her out put her in my room when she ran round like they would if being chased in wild, she ran downstairs so i went down tried to get her but she was soo fast she stumbled upstairs still running then got in my room and just collapsed :shock::shock::shock: shock like she had a fit, i picked her up and sat her in my knee stroking her, she seems ok from that but not sure if its vhd injection or her being soo silly running soo fast etc, i ve shut her in the dog crate with mowgli for now to calm down

it was soo scarey :shock:
i checked the vhd used it was cylap last year they had lupinjet, in previous years cylap, the only other time she ever had a reaction was year one when she develepd the limp
shen she was stumbling up stairs today she did seem to be only using one of her back legs like the other had the limp again

Its quite common with cylap apparently. I found this out after Fidget had her vhd jab and developed a limp and couldn't seem to use one of her legs properly. It wore off by the next day :)

But i have never experienced any other problems aside from the limp... maybe you could ring the vet and ask?

Yes, Jetty, Sooty and Snowy have all been quiet after their vhd jab, this last time it took Snowy a day to come round.

Back