• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free range when wet

kelly1

Warren Scout
my conti giant bluebell has free run of the garden in the day, is put in the shed at night,is it ok to let them out when its been raining and the ground is wet.I have never let mine out when its wet before but dont really know if it would do any harm or not.i have always been worried they would get a chill led on wet grass but the wild ones do it.

As soon as the rain stops mine are out for free ranging.

I don't let them stay out in the rain though, instead they go in their enclosures that have roofing over, as a few of mine would happily sit in the pouring rain until drenched

Mine happily sit in the pouring rain all the time when out of their run, they don't care and it doesn't seem to bother them :wave: as long as they go in with plenty of time to dry themselves off before nightfall then it's all good.

Obviously I would only let them do this in the warmer months of the year, they won't be allowed to frollock in rain and wetness in the colder icy months :shock:

My contis are free range,They have a big shed to go into if they want but they prefer to sit in the rain

my are free range and I generally let them choose if they want to sit in the rain or go into the shed. They also get let out in the ice/snow as well (i figure they would in the wild).

Mine like to go out in the rain. They can choose where to go and they have somewhere warm and dry to shelter (the shed) should they so desire. As long as they're fit and healthy, a drop of rain isn't going to hurt them.

Mine go out in the rain when im in i leave the garage door open and they go in and out as they please, if it tips it down then they are sensible and go in. I do have towels at the ready if they are damp!

Back