• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would be best for Jess.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We are having a bit of a think about Jess's future.
With her abscess, I'm not sure when she will ever be able to join her 2 friends again, she is in the house at the moment because it is easier to keep and eye on her and treat her, it also keeps her away from the flies when she has an open wound.
We have started to think she may not have too much longer with us and perhaps she shoul become a house bunny. That would mean she would have to share the same room as the african grey parrot when he comes, but I'm not sure how this would work, and I wonder if she would be happy. I am really concerned about her outside, I'm pretty sure the others will accept her again but I think she will fare better in the house.

Any thoughts?

Really tough (helpful I know :oops:) but you're essentially weighing up quality vs quantity of life...how long will the wound be open for? how old is she? how much would she notice/react to the parrot? :?

Really tough (helpful I know :oops:) but you're essentially weighing up quality vs quantity of life...how long will the wound be open for? how old is she? how much would she notice/react to the parrot? :?

Jess is 6, I'm not sure how much she would notice the parrot, I guess it depends on how noisy he is. She only has one eye, and is a fairly laid back girl. I don't know how long the wound will have to stay open, as long as pus is coming out of it I suppose.

My opinion for what its worth :lol: Is try keeping her inside and see how she gets on with the parrot, if she is obviously terrified then or there are other problems then it would be better to stick her back with her group.

We were very concerned about Nessa and flystrike thankfully she was already a house bunny but she loved to have a run out in the garden so we had to keep a really careful eye on her

Back