• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

your first ever bunny?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
what breed was it?
what did you call him/her
where was they from?

ill start

breed - french lop
name - thumper
from - rescue bunny

what breed was it? Lionhead :love: OFC!
what did you call him/her? Joey...then five minutes later we got Scooch!
where was they from? The petshop I used to work in, it was love at first sight

colour: brown and white....
name: lucky
breed: an english spot pappillion sortv thing (still not good with colour breeds) 4.5kg (we thought at time this was an average bunny weight because she wasnt even overweight just a bigg bunny!!! have since learnt this is classed as a larger bunny!!!!)
where from?: originally dumped on a doorstep in a cardboard box as had the wrong markings for showing :( then lived under a shed semi wild running in circles a lot.... then we took her on and dad built her an 8ftx4ft 2 level bunny condo! he even had a proper door handle on the hutch door (rofl just remembering)

Black and white dutch
Charlotte 'Lottie' for short
From a lady that bred a one off litter at a year my dad shod at :oops:

My sister had her sister 'Harriet' they lived together un-spayed (we didnt know any better) in a 10ft by 8ft by 6ft avarie my dad built with two big hutches in that were open 24/7 Lottie died when she was 9 Harriet was 8.

This is my first bunny, her name was snow drop, think my sister bought her from a pet shop, no idea on breed.

snow.jpg

Alvin, just over two years ago :D:D:D:D

not sure if demon is a breed tho :?

eta - found him on free ads at a rabbit sanctuary in cannock (or so they said lol)

My 1st rabbit is Velvet - she's still with me now :D

Got her from pets at home - this was way before I joined here and knew about rabbit rescues.

She's definitely a cross breed - possibly a english spot cross perhaps?

She's 4 years old :love:

RIMG0028.jpg

Poppy, a rex, not sure what colour - castor maybe?

I took her off my friend whose OH bought her Poppy as a birthdya present :roll: by the time I got her she had half inch long nails and a broken leg and had been living in a 4' hutch for months with no exercise time.

She was a clever, challenging but loving bunny who taught me how rewarding it can be to love and care for another creature.

When I was 15 we got 2 black uppy eared sisters we named Tammy and Clover. My sisters friends dad bred them.

Tammy died when aged about 3, no idea from what, and Clover lived til 7.

Benji,
a wildie,
scraped him off a duel carriageway late one september night, He had a broken front leg and a damaged eye.
He was about 2 months old and lived until he was 9.:D

First Rabbit, New Zealand White called Snowy got him when I was 8yrs old off a friend of my dads and he lived to be 10yrs old and would only eat porridge with warm milk and brown bread:shock:.

My first ever bunny was a beautiful grey dwarf lop chosen for me by my parents. He was very loved and sadly missed - Oscar :love:

Brown Netherland Dwarf.
Got him from a friend who had accidental litter.
Called him Arrizona Pye(pye for short)(named after a horse in a film)
Lived til he was 10.
I got him when I was 16.

:]

Name, archie :p
Breed: french lop
From: A breeder, (Like other people) before I thought of rescues :)
x AMAZING BUNNY, frenchies all the way! x

New Zealand White called Snowy
I was 6 when i got him. 18 years ago :shock: from someone my dad knew.

He was :love: he lived until he was 8

breed - Netherland Dwarf
name - Soozy
from - Pet Shop (Didn't know any better then :( )

Have since adopted 4 others (3 Dutchies and 1 lop from Fat Fluffs rescue) to make amends :D

Back