PDA

View Full Version : your first ever bunny?

mini lop1
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
what breed was it?
what did you call him/her
where was they from?

ill start

breed - french lop
name - thumper
from - rescue bunny

kerry-123
04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
what breed was it? Lionhead :love: OFC!
what did you call him/her? Joey...then five minutes later we got Scooch!
where was they from? The petshop I used to work in, it was love at first sight

areia
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
orange rex
grumpy
female
unwanted by neighbour

bunlover
04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
colour: brown and white....
name: lucky
breed: an english spot pappillion sortv thing (still not good with colour breeds) 4.5kg (we thought at time this was an average bunny weight because she wasnt even overweight just a bigg bunny!!! have since learnt this is classed as a larger bunny!!!!)
where from?: originally dumped on a doorstep in a cardboard box as had the wrong markings for showing :( then lived under a shed semi wild running in circles a lot.... then we took her on and dad built her an 8ftx4ft 2 level bunny condo! he even had a proper door handle on the hutch door (rofl just remembering)

Becky86
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Lottie :love: Dwarf lop from a petshop :( This was of course before i knew about rescues :) xXx

nursecroft
04-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Black and white dutch
Charlotte 'Lottie' for short
From a lady that bred a one off litter at a year my dad shod at :oops:

My sister had her sister 'Harriet' they lived together un-spayed (we didnt know any better) in a 10ft by 8ft by 6ft avarie my dad built with two big hutches in that were open 24/7 Lottie died when she was 9 Harriet was 8.

devoted2buns
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
This is my first bunny, her name was snow drop, think my sister bought her from a pet shop, no idea on breed.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp308/devoted2buns/snow.jpg

donnamt
04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Alvin, just over two years ago :D:D:D:D

not sure if demon is a breed tho :?

eta - found him on free ads at a rabbit sanctuary in cannock (or so they said lol)

Lessie
04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
My 1st rabbit is Velvet - she's still with me now :D

Got her from pets at home - this was way before I joined here and knew about rabbit rescues.

She's definitely a cross breed - possibly a english spot cross perhaps?

She's 4 years old :love:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/Lessie090/RIMG0028.jpg

Jack's-Jane
04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Black Otter Rex
Eleanor
Petsmart (now P@H)....................:oops:

SisterMoonbeam
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Georgie, black and white dutch... not sure where from, probably pet shop, my parents got her

clutterydrawer
04-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Poppy, a rex, not sure what colour - castor maybe?

I took her off my friend whose OH bought her Poppy as a birthdya present :roll: by the time I got her she had half inch long nails and a broken leg and had been living in a 4' hutch for months with no exercise time.

She was a clever, challenging but loving bunny who taught me how rewarding it can be to love and care for another creature.

*lily*
04-08-2009, 07:58 PM
When I was 15 we got 2 black uppy eared sisters we named Tammy and Clover. My sisters friends dad bred them.

Tammy died when aged about 3, no idea from what, and Clover lived til 7.

halfpenny
04-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Benji,
a wildie,
scraped him off a duel carriageway late one september night, He had a broken front leg and a damaged eye.
He was about 2 months old and lived until he was 9.:D

kayj
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
First Rabbit, New Zealand White called Snowy got him when I was 8yrs old off a friend of my dads and he lived to be 10yrs old and would only eat porridge with warm milk and brown bread:shock:.

lopears
04-08-2009, 08:08 PM
My first ever bunny was a beautiful grey dwarf lop chosen for me by my parents. He was very loved and sadly missed - Oscar :love:

Bunnykids
04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Brown Netherland Dwarf.
Got him from a friend who had accidental litter.
Called him Arrizona Pye(pye for short)(named after a horse in a film)
Lived til he was 10.
I got him when I was 16.

Laurapaarl
04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Name, archie :P
Breed: french lop
From: A breeder, (Like other people) before I thought of rescues :)
x AMAZING BUNNY, frenchies all the way! x

*Bex*
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
New Zealand White called Snowy
I was 6 when i got him. 18 years ago :shock: from someone my dad knew.

He was :love: he lived until he was 8

attilathebun
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
breed - Netherland Dwarf
name - Soozy
from - Pet Shop (Didn't know any better then :( )

Have since adopted 4 others (3 Dutchies and 1 lop from Fat Fluffs rescue) to make amends :D

MedicatedFluffball
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Roxy, a 2 year old blue Angora from P@H's adoption centre
I had her a week, then I had her taken off me :(
I just remember HUGE white teeth and ferocious claws. I vowed I would only ever have *Covers delicate little bunny ears* Rats and Dogs after that...:shock:
:roll:

Joh619
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Breed: Netherland Dwarf
Name: Blueberry
From : A place called Bunnyland as far as I remember. My mum didn't tell me we were going there coz she knew I'd sit in the car and be all annoying and excited. But half way there we stopped and I saw the cat carrier in the boot (we used to breed cats). So i asked what it was there for and my mum said we were picking up a cat we sold. I got so annoying asking her questions about why that she gave in a told me we were getting some rabbits. My sister already knew!!

My sister had Blueberry's sister who was REW coloured called Alice.

This isn't the best piccie, but it's the only one I have on this PC. At the time we had a little garden, but it only had 3 sides and the other was a main road so I had to keep hold of her :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/Joh619/Blueberry.jpg

Daisylop
04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
what breed was it? - agouti lop
what did you call him/her - Fluffy
where was they from?- garden centre

I got him as a birthday present!!

mini lop1
04-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Breed: Netherland Dwarf
Name: Blueberry
From : A place called Bunnyland as far as I remember. My mum didn't tell me we were going there coz she knew I'd sit in the car and be all annoying and excited. But half way there we stopped and I saw the cat carrier in the boot (we used to breed cats). So i asked what it was there for and my mum said we were picking up a cat we sold. I got so annoying asking her questions about why that she gave in a told me we were getting some rabbits. My sister already knew!!

My sister had Blueberry's sister who was REW coloured called Alice.

This isn't the best piccie, but it's the only one I have on this PC. At the time we had a little garden, but it only had 3 sides and the other was a main road so I had to keep hold of her :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/Joh619/Blueberry.jpg

:love::love: gorgeus little rabbit

mini lop1
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Brown Netherland Dwarf.
Got him from a friend who had accidental litter.
Called him Arrizona Pye(pye for short)(named after a horse in a film)
Lived til he was 10.
I got him when I was 16.

national velvet?

H Maughan
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Breed: Black Dutch
Name: Olympia (Ollie for short)
From: A lady who had got a dutch rabbit from a breeder that ended up having babies
I was also 11 when I got her and looked after her all the way through until she died at 6 years old :( I still miss her now..
Helen xx

Cornishlass
04-08-2009, 08:54 PM
what breed was it? REW

what did you call him/her Snowy, He was very nasty!

Where was they from? No idea, I was about 7 at the time.

orange
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
what breed was it? = Orange Rex

what did you call him/her = Kellogg

where was they from? = local pet shop

He was beautiful and I still miss him:love:

chloaster
04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Heinz baked beans, called Peter and we got him from a farmers market - he was the most gorgeous bunny ever, I was about 12 when he died and it broke my heart!

Rachie
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Oliver, he's a mini lop and I got him from pets at home because I'm a horrible person

Crystal butterfly
04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Colour- chinchilla
Breed- Netherland dwarf
Name- Thumper
Bought him/her from the pet shop when i was 9 they lived free range in my bedroom because my mum never bothered to buy him/her a cage my dad built a large wooden box area instead for the bun to go in and out of as it pleased i used to wake up with thumper on my pillow :love: i think thumper was about 9-12 months old when my mum made us rehome him/her, went to live with a 4 year old girl :(

emilou87
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Name: Elvis
Breed; Nethie Cross (so have been told on here?)
Still have him now he is 8 months old now!

happybun
04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
dutch markings, orange colour, called honeybunny, round about 1960! mysteriously appeared at my house, with hutch, lived in the garage for a bit, disappeared. my dad looks shifty when i mention this...

Bunnyaddict
04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
As a child first bun was a little black cross breed bun called Snoopy :love: Bought from a petshop :oops:

As an adult first bun in 2002 was a black cross breed bun called Roscoe, who my sister's friend found as a stray :love: Roscoe re-started my love for bunnies :)

dayle_x
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Bonnie, a dutchy girl. No idea where she came from, my gangan got me her. I think it was the petshop in the market. She lived till 8 years old!

Woodlouse
04-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Our first bun was a little black and white Dutch buck called Dizzy. We bought him from Focus almost as soon as we moved into our first house after getting married. A few months later we adopted a rescue wifey bun for him, Molly. Sadly Dizzy only had 4 years with us ... they think he had a brain tumour :( Still miss my special boy :cry: but have a lovely canvas of him to put up which the Fat Fluffs girls bought me for my 30th :)

yvette
05-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Mrs Bun.
Lion head x breed.....
she was found,returned to her owners who said they had no room as the cat had given birth in her hutch, so she was bought to me as I worked on a park with a farm for visitors.They didnt want her either, so I kept her.:love:
Originally I thought she was a bloke bunny so named her Mr Bun.When the hormones kicked in,I found out she was female so had her speyed.Shes here now,almost 2 yrs old and more adored everyday.
Got her a husbun....Beebee...he had a fall at 9 weeks at said park who were gonna "get rid" so I took him to the vets.A course of anti inflammatrys, and hes now 9 months old.A nethie dwarf who totally baffles me with his problems but hey.....wouldnt be without him.:love:

Rin'Kon
05-08-2009, 02:09 AM
First bun is the one I have now <3

Bootes, the Dutch x (I think... Pretty sure his mummy is full Dutch, the father looked like a cross)

Got him from someone desperately trying to get rid of him and his sister as the breeder who came by the week before didn't want either of them...
His loss because he's lovely :love:

tigerangel
05-08-2009, 06:52 AM
breed - English x-breed (black markings)
name - Sassy
from - Local pet shop, run by a kind old animal-loving couple nearing retirement ;)

sidereus7
05-08-2009, 07:33 AM
My first bunny was Jack, a supposed nethie:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/sidereus7/Jack17.jpg

But I think his ears are a little big for a nethie! :roll:

Becky:)
05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
When I was 9 my parents finally gave in to my constant rabbit chirping, we went to a tiny petshop and she was the only rabbit, an uppy eared white with black eyeliner and moustache bunny, I called her snowy and my dad said after a week, why do people keep rabbits in tiny huthces like this and as a surprise brought me a 6x4 shed for snowy. Unfortunatly snowy had really bad teeth, and 2 absesses, my Dad kept taking her to the vets and paid hundreds of pounds for her operations but she didn't make it on her 3rd absess.
I was heartbroken, I am 23 and still have apicture of snowy in the living room, she has beautiful eyelashes :love:

deja224
05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
name: no name (we never found one we like)
Came from: a car boot he was in a cat crate for 2.00

louise and Gus
05-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Clover who was the most gorgeous Blue and White Dutchie
One of my sisters friends bred them for showing, we picked her out just a couple of weeks old, she wasn't spayed so got a bit grumpy, about a year later we got a black and white dutchie called Hazel from the same girl she was super cute and would come runnign when you called her name :love:

Both lived good long lives 9 or 10 I think, even though they were not kept like I would keep buns today.

XMissySJx
05-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I had two.

Miffy
female, honey coloured, died at 1 year old, myxi.

and we also had Biffy who was a male, they lived seperatly, he was very agressive and we couldnt even go near his hutch/run he was very hormonal! he died at 10 years old

LurcherGirl
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
My first ever bunny was a small lop from the then Petsmart. He was white with blue eyes and hence called Casper! Unfortunately he only lived three days, he was already sick when we got him from Petsmart...

Although I only had him three days, he left a deep impression and was the start of the rabbit mania that descended on me. :love:

Vera

giantbunnymummy
05-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Two agouti rabbits, Salt and Pepper, when I was about 10 or 11 I think (taken on from a neighbour who didn't want them anymore). I persuaded my dad to have them, promising I'd go round to his house every day after school to look after them.

I can't remember how long they lived with him, two or three months maybe, but one day I went out to a friend's house after school instead of going to dad's, so I wasn't there to put them safely back in their shed (they free ranged in his garden when he went to work and I was in charge of getting them back in about 3.30 every day). My dad found them dead that evening, killed by a fox or dog :cry: :cry: :cry: He was so angry with me we didn't speak for months.

No more rabbits until this year, 20 years later.

I'm still traumatised by it and hardly anyone knows this story :oops: