• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4th bun?

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Just out of interest, if we were to get a 4th bunny what sex would most fit?

We currently have 2 girls and 1 boy. The girls are the oldest, with Smudge (3 yrs) being boss bunny (woe betide any bun that doesn't fall in line!) :)

Cookie (1 1/2 yrs) is a big-boned bunny but generally just follows her gut (i.e. if she can't eat it then she isn't interested).

Rufus is the baby boy at only 2 months and will be neutered when he is old enough, but he is really friendly and a real bouncy bunny. The others can't keep up!

They are all bonded house bunnies and are all happy together.

Is a 4th a good idea and if so what would work best, boy or girl?

My guess would be an older neutered male (perhaps younger than smudge) but not until Rufus is neutered. I am no expert though that would be as educated a guess as i could give.

I would get Rufus neutered as soon as he is old enough, once those hormones kick in and he starts getting a little rambunctious with smudge you could be in for some problems :lol:

I'd get another boy (neutered), so hopefully you'll end up with two 'married' couples. Your girls are both neutered, I assume...? You must have a pretty big house for 4 housebunnies!:lol:

I'd wait a bit though, see how things go with the baby boy.

My guess would be an older neutered male (perhaps younger than smudge) but not until Rufus is neutered. I am no expert though that would be as educated a guess as i could give.

I would get Rufus neutered as soon as he is old enough, once those hormones kick in and he starts getting a little rambunctious with smudge you could be in for some problems :lol:

Well both girls are neutered as well so no baby bunnies for me. Smudge is a bit of a tease though, well she was with Frosty as least.

Back