• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Hay Experts

Rachie

Mama Doe
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that they were lots cheaper than the usual sources but having a looksie at it now (I did have the intention of making some purchases) it seems to be twice as expensive for half the amount :?

They are a small shop, so can't be the cheapest, but their customer service is great, their products are much loved by my bunnies, and the postage is very reasonable, too.

They are a small shop, so can't be the cheapest, but their customer service is great, their products are much loved by my bunnies, and the postage is very reasonable, too.

I agree their customer service is great, we use them a lot and have never had any problems at all with them .

they are fantastic and i think most prices are pretty good and the service is great. Lisa who runs it is also into rabbit welfare which in my book is worth that little extra. I hate these big companies who just want to put the good ones out of business!

agree with the others, I was going away and ask for the order to be posted asap and it was couried out to me to ensure I got it. I dont think they are cheaper but I dont think they are that much dearer than other places and they generally have stock of what I need (which always helps!!)

Am I missing something? I was under the impression that they were lots cheaper than the usual sources but having a looksie at it now (I did have the intention of making some purchases) it seems to be twice as expensive for half the amount :?

Don't think I've ever thought of Hay Experts as being a cheap option - not sure what gave you that impression, but have to agree with everybody else that they win out with service and Lisa's absolute devotion to rabbit welfare.

I would disagree that they are twice as expensive for half the amount - their prices are about the same as everyone else selling the same items and sometimes they are cheaper, unless you are talking about some of the products which might be in a massive chain like P@H where, like Tescos they are able to offer cheap deals due to the high turnover and buying power. Smaller stockists have no chance to compete with that.

Helen

I get very heavy orders from Lisa at the hayexperts and she has a flat rate courier for up to 25kg for the same amount as a small order - this suits me amazingly well! I can order big bags of megazorb, carefresh, tons of hay and toys etc and only pay the 7.99 for delivery when it weighs a ton!!!
I think she does excellent value for money and has the biggest range of hays and toys out there....my favourite online bunny store. :D

I get very heavy orders from Lisa at the hayexperts and she has a flat rate courier for up to 25kg for the same amount as a small order - this suits me amazingly well! I can order big bags of megazorb, carefresh, tons of hay and toys etc and only pay the 7.99 for delivery when it weighs a ton!!!
I think she does excellent value for money and has the biggest range of hays and toys out there....my favourite online bunny store. :D

Mine too, so far. I ordered 5 bags of hay and a bag of Megazorb and postage was £4.49! I'd not used Megazorb before but will be buying it again as I'll save loads compared to the woodbased cat litter. Definitely a good place to buy.

Last edited:
Mine too, so far. I ordered 5 bags of hay and a bag of Megazorb and postage was £4.49! I'd not used Megazorb before but will be buying it again as I'll save loads compared to the woodbased cat litter. Definitely a good place to buy.

I get one or two bags of megazorb, 2 large bags of carefresh which weigh almost as much and then up to 8 bags of hay plus tons of dried herbs and other toys etc....postage only jumps from 4.99 to 7.99 for up to 25kg and I think that's great.
As a comparison I ordered a rug the other day online - the thing weighed about 2kg max and I was charged £12 for a courier!!!! :shock: If you compare that with 25kg for 7.99 Lisa at Hayexperts doesn't make a lot of profit on the courier.

Hay experts are great but definately not cheap, you may be thinking about simplyk9 who are very cheap but never have any stock so i would rather pay more to get the stuff i want :)

Hay Experts are GREAT, I had a problem with one of my bags of hay and lisa was lovely and replaced it.

I dont think the prices are steep, and if something did seem abit more expensive than elsewhere, I would still get it from there with my usual monthly order, I spend £30-£40 a month.

Security at work have got used to loading my car up with the bags/boxes when its delivered! :shock::lol:

Hayexperts are FAB! Miles better than any others I have tried. Always get the good on time and very quickly.

Only problem is, we end up spending about £50 per month - thats what we are allowed in our budget anyway!:oops::oops:

I'm not happy with them as I placed an order in May, and when it arrived, one item was out of stock. I have been emailing and phoning to ask where it is or for a refund and so far I have been ignored.

I'm not happy with them as I placed an order in May, and when it arrived, one item was out of stock. I have been emailing and phoning to ask where it is or for a refund and so far I have been ignored.

You sure you got the right phone number/email?:roll:

I must say, they are excellent and never miss or get anything wrong...but remember we are all hooomans

Back