• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

long term rescue rabbits

shannon321

Alpha Buck
i really want to take on a rabbit thats been in rescue long term, dont care what colour size or breed as long as its a neutered boy with out any major health issues, age doessn't matter either although something bun bun's age would make more sense, now i know bunny runs can be arranged, but are there any rescues out there that have a bunny that really needs a good home, that keeps getting over looked that would be willing to let him come to cornwall with a bunny run?

im not fussed about a cuddly bunny or anything like that as i can always carry to the run in the carrier, as long as it doesn't attack me when i climb in the pen to tidy up! :lol:

hi shannon if you check on rabbit rehome - a lot of times its written beside them if they have been there for any length of time. Am sure there are plenty of rescues with long term buns who need good homes :)

i have had a look, but being right down the bottom of cornwall a bunny run would be essential i could get mid way up cornwall to meet someone, i guess i should just find a bun i like the look of and email the rescue and see if its a possibility!

There are bound to bunnies near you that are in long term rescue situations...do hope you find one soon! :wave:

theres only one rescue center in cornwall that has bunnies and thats the rspca, im finding them rude and really unhelpful when i email asking about potential bunnies i know there busy but theres no need to treat me like im stupid! also they seem to have quite a high turn over of bunnies and the only ones on the page that have been there a while are bonded!

Hence why im looking further afeild!

awww goodluck, i think thats really great in wanting to give a longterm rescue rabbit a forever home, im sure people on here can help on a bunnyrun when you find the potential bun:wave:

We have 4 year old Bobbi who has just come back in- this is his 3rd time in rescue. He was here 5 months last time before he found a home, however it has not worked out :(

Also Percy- he has been here almost half a year, with no interest at all.

Both can be found in Rabbits in Need.

i can't see bobbi on that page, i guess he's not been put back up yet? i'd be interested in either, which ever would be less likely to get picked in the future and would go well with my dwarf lop?! i'd lean towards bobbi just so he could have some stability for once in his life, but then little percy needs a good home too!

The only thing i worry about is if they wouldn't bond? it would break my heart having to give a bunny back to a rescue in fact i dont think i'd do it but i certainly don't have the room for 2 permenant set ups!

I'm honestly not fussed about what the rabbits like as long as i meet the rescues requirements pass home check etc and they would get along with my bun bun and i could arrange a bunny run!

I must of looked at over 100 bunnys online today and couldn't make a decision to enquire about any because i want them all!! :lol:

anyone want to make the desicion for me? pretty please ?

Arrr that is really nice of you. I know what you mean sometimes it seems harder than you might expect to adopt a bunny x
I was trying to adopt a giant bunny from the rspca from a branch far away and they were so helpfull but then my local branch who would need to do the home check wouldnt do the home check until i had met the bunny. Anyhow as it was far away and it is summer hols and with three kids travelling so far twice for the meet up and seperately to pick him they wouldnt do the check so i cant have him. I was really unbelieveably disappointed and the local branch did get a bit snotty with me. She kept saying she couldnt understand why anyone would want to adopt any pet they had not yet met......:evil: I kept saying i didnt care how his personality turned out i knew enough and was prepared for the commitment and just wanted to give him a chance and a home, i didnt need to have met him x They werent having any of it x She just couldnt see my point that i wanted to rescue him and offer him a home xx She said i needed to have built a rapour with him for them to do a home check.
I do have two bunnies already but i did have my heart set on him. I even have the huge dog bed ready for my giant bunny.
So i totally understand, and hope you have better luck and get to save a bunny xxxx

i think most good rescues would always accept their bunnies back if bonding didnt work and wouldnt think badly of you for it. It might be worth asking the rescue to bond them for you too as that may be easier for you?

write the ones you like on a bit of paper, put them in a hat and pick one out, things happen for a reason, let fete decide for you ;)

Back