• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think ralph is dyingU/D now at peace :'(

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
ralph was really ill this morning, shivering and wouldn't move. i could only get him an appointment at 12.30. he was starting to look better after i brought him in and put him on a heat pad, he was even attempting to eat some hay then he started passing out and holding his mouth open. so i rushed him down there to the vets, they've given him antibotics and an anti-inflammatory. vet said he was really ill and took his temptature and all. the vet was hinting at put him to sleep as it was so expensive keeping him in he didn't feel it was worth it, but i said i'd care for him at home, he really is trying to eat but his breething is so bad and i don't want to attempt syringe feeding him while he's trying to breathe through his mouth. what do you guys think about his chances. i'm at home here to take care of him. :cry:

Last edited:
thankyou hugo, he's looks in so such discomfort, i wish there was more to help him, but i'd rather he was here with me knowing he was loved. :cry: my poor baby :cry:

So sorry.
the way he is seems bad but there is a chance he could improve
Keep him warm and quiet
Vibes for him and hugs to you xx

it really didn't sound like he wanted to spend much time with him to be honest, he said they where very time consuming. at least he's at home with me.

it really didn't sound like he wanted to spend much time with him to be honest, he said they where very time consuming. at least he's at home with me.

Have you spoken to Jane? Maybe she could suggest something. Bloody vets, it really annoys me, 3rd most popular pet hello!!:roll:

Poor Ralph, I hope he is going to be ok! your vet sounds like a right :censored:
Seems he is in the best place with you caring for him and being surrounded by love!
Sending lots of vibes for wee Ralph and massive hugs for you xx

ralph was really ill this morning, shivering and wouldn't move. i could only get him an appointment at 12.30. he was starting to look better after i brought him in and put him on a heat pad, he was even attempting to eat some hay then he started passing out and holding his mouth open. so i rushed him down there to the vets, they've given him antibotics and an anti-inflammatory. vet said he was really ill and took his temptature and all. the vet was hinting at put him to sleep as it was so expensive keeping him in he didn't feel it was worth it, but i said i'd care for him at home, he really is trying to eat but his breething is so bad and i don't want to attempt syringe feeding him while he's trying to breathe through his mouth. what do you guys think about his chances. i'm at home here to take care of him. :cry:

It sounds like an acute pneumonia :cry:

Really he needs to be in an oxygen tent :?

Is he mouth breathing all the time ?
Can you see if his mucous membranes are still pinkish or are they grey/blue looking.

Do you know what antibiotic was given ?

Back