• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wet dirty bunny

touie

Wise Old Thumper
aarggghhh! Sugarplum has been lying out in the rain she is soaking wet and her underside is covered in dirt and wet soggy poo! i've got them both in the house to dry off but how do I go about cleaning her, or should I just wait for it to try and shave her rear end? (she can't clean herself due to immobility and no teeth)

ok I'll do that. What is the best method, towel on my lap bunny on her back and washing up bowl or is there an easier way?

any tips for getting under her chin too? Her dulap is dirty and i have seen her tugging on a matt I've just tried on her back but I can't get into it, even with no teeth being gnawed by the little peg ones really hurts :shock:

Stand her in a very shallow bath or bowl/sink of warm water and just splash her rear end with your spare hand and use your fingers to break down any soiling. If she's a real struggler then she may cope better held upside down with her bottom pointing away from you over a sink and her head and back tucked firmly into your tummy and then used spare hand to splash and clean her bottom.
Dry her thorougly with a towel and hairdryer as Jane says and keep her inside all day - it takes hours and hours for a bunny to dry properly.
With her dewlap I would sit her on your lap and feed her some tough leaves perhaps and use your spare hand to clean and dematt her dewlap whilst her teeth are othewise occupied! We have to do this with our biting bunny when he moulting under his chin and down his chest - he's like a vole! He bites and doesn't let go, because of his wonky teeth!!! :shock:

if I lay her on her back on my lap and tickle her back feet she spreads her toes and goes into a trance, i could do anything to her, only problem is I need 3 hands :?

well I got all the dirt and squishy poo off but I think I am going to have to get the clippers on her chin and some matts on her bum but I'll have to find some help for that as I can't see what I am doing properly if I am holding her as well!

Back