• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Martha really poorly

Squizz

Alpha Buck
We had to take our lionhead Martha to the emergency vets this morning.

She woke us up at 10 to 6 by making loads of scrabbly noises - when I went downstairs she was rolling around the floor with her head thrown back, it was so upsetting. I managed to calm her down and move her to the rug and it appeared that her back legs are paralysed. The vet said it could be the result of meningitis or an inner ear infection. I've had to leave her at the hospital. It was awful seeing her like that, and I hated leaving her :cry:

I know she is in the best place but I feel so useless being here away from her.

Oh poor Martha :cry:

I know you feel useless being away from her, but at least she is getting the help she needs.

When will your vet be able to give you any up date on her ????

They've said I can ring at any time for updates *must resist urge to ring every 10 minutes* but she has to stay in over night, and possibly longer than that if she doesn't improve. Her little husbun Arthur seems a little lost without her :cry:

If it is any help at all, I went through the same last week when I had to leave one of my rabbits at the vets...... I did phone quite a lot for updates, but they did not seem to mind.

Poor little Arthur.... Lots of cuddles for him.

What a dreadful shock for you :cry:

You did exactly the right thing by getting her straight to a Vet.
Sending tons of vibes for Martha's recovery

xx

Thanks everyone. It felt good posting on here knowing people will understand!

I have rung the vets and they say she is the same, but alert and a bit brighter than earlier. Its extra horrible because she isn't at my normal vets but at the 24 hour vets further away. I've been told to ring back after 7 when the vet will be there - it seems like it just nurses there in the day? In which case I wonder if she might as well be at home with me? I can syringe feed her!

It doesn't appear like they have done any tests to find out what is definitely wrong - is that normal??

Back