• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christabel thinks my Maddie is a lot older than we first thought :( UD 06.08.09

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
My poor little Mads has been loosing weight for months now she was 1.6kg at the start of the year and is now 1.16kg :cry: just recently she has been having a bottom wet with urine, and she is not playful and doesn't run around like the other buns.
We guessed her aged at around 2 but Christabel thinks its likely she is much older than that and that old age is possibly setting in :cry: I suggested it could be EC but she is unsure as there are no other signs, i have to go back with her in 2 weeks to see what her bottom is like and what her weight is like and she will decide from there what to do next.
If you have any spare thoughts Maddie would appreciate them xx

buns103.jpg

Last edited:
Maddie is such a sweetie :love:

Christabel can give me a slap for saying this next time she sees me but I'd be Panacuring Maddie and her partner anyway.......................:oops:

Sending lots of vibes to gorgeous Maddie. Having lost a bunny to EC, I would agree with Jane:oops: Better safe than sorry. A little healthy paranoia :oops: never hurt a bunny slave.

I think I would be going down this route as well.

I have suggested it but i have to trust her, she was right with Lionel he could have been worse off if i had insisted on a steroid so i will see in 2 weeks what she says... (it is at the back of my mind though!)

I have suggested it but i have to trust her, she was right with Lionel he could have been worse off if i had insisted on a steroid so i will see in 2 weeks what she says... (it is at the back of my mind though!)

Fare enough, but a 28 day course of Panacur would not do any harm :) unlike the case of using a steroid for Lionel
I routinely Panacur (28 day course) any new Rabbit I take in. Most of them didn't even have any symptoms that might point to EC.

The RWA recommends this regime for all Pet Rabbits.

Soweeeeee for arguing with our Vet...................:oops: and I fully respect your decision to go with her qualified advice :)

Took all the babies for their VHD today and spoke to Christabel about Maddie, she has agreed to give the panacur a go, Maddie is due her VHD jab in 10 days time so i am to give it to her until then and see how she goes as C said i should start to see some improvement by then if it is EC related.
If it is EC related she will not have her VHD and continue on Panacur and we will start Joseph on it as well even though he is fine so fingers crossed for some results.

I hope that Maddie's leakiness resolves :)

She really is the cutest little Bunny :love: :love:

Thanks Jane, meant to say spoke to Christabel about emergency vets and before i even really said anything she said she had thought about Gill in Windlesham! She said it is more than fine to go there she is thinking of asking them if they might over this way at all for her :D

Back