• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Bunny 'Found' and Handed In At Work

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may have read how a pair of bunnies were (genuinely) found and handed in at work on Friday, well out doing my animal ambulance rounds this morning I arrived at our Frimley practice moments after someone handed a bunny in that had been found in their garden. We don't know if it was the owner who handed her it or if she really was found. It's obviously the season to dump rather than find holiday care or pay for vet treatment.

Poor wee might was frightened stiff.

I took her home immediately and she'll now be rehomed via ARC.

I think she's a nethie x english and is soooooo sweet. She's got poor teeth, extremely long nails (now trimmed), bite marks on her nose and is highly strung.

She's going to be in for a dental tomorrow and then we will start her vaccinations and neutering so that she can marry an very handsome boy (or maybe even boys!).

She's a very bright little button and we have called her Pixie.

Sure she's going to be snapped up as soon as she is well enough to be rehomed.

Here she is....

PixieDayofArrival002.jpg

PixieDayofArrival007.jpg

PixieDayofArrival003.jpg

PixieDayofArrival004.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooo she's a right sweetie!!! :love::love::love:

You're right, I'm sure she wont be with you long.
Poor thing, her horrible teeth and nails. :(

Awh what a sweetie. You do wonder what people are thinking when they take on animals :( She only looks young. at least her next home will be fabby!

Make a nice wife for a small nethie boy not a million miles away..... but then again he's earmarked isn't he! ;)

Ha ha you read my mind! Was going to say better not let Robert see this one but didn't want to jinx myself :lol: He is currently reserved anyway ;)

omg is she a polish rabbit :shock:

she is beautiful i cant believe people who let their buns get in such states and just let them free :( shes landed right on her paws finding you though

Poor wee girl :cry: So glad that she's now safe - she's as cute as a button :love:

:censored: People make me so mad - letting their poor buns be neglected in this way :evil:

Will her teeth need to be removed, or do you think just trimming will be enough? Poor little girlie :(

Will her teeth need to be removed, or do you think just trimming will be enough? Poor little girlie :(

On inspection today the vet thought that it would be more beneficial to remove the one on the right as it was tilted from the root, with the left hand one being okay. So it may be that she can get away with the wonky one being just cut off, but in any event the left one may be okay. Funnily enough her back teeth don't seem to have any problems. This may be because she's young and major problems haven't had a chance to develop.

We're hoping that just be correcting the front may mean that they back molars will escape any problems, although her weeping eye isn't a good sign. Could be an infection but could also be a problem with her ducts. Tomorrow will tell.

Let's hope it doesn't have to be too radical.

She looks lovely, even with her orrible claws and teef :)

Pixie is a lovely name and I imagine she's found her feet by being handed in at the moment that she was!

She looks lovely, even with her orrible claws and teef :)

Pixie is a lovely name and I imagine she's found her feet by being handed in at the moment that she was!

Or rather I was the lucky one. I hadn't even put my stuff down on the counter when I saw the box with the vet nurse saying 'rabbit'.

Vet didn't know what hit him as I grabbed the box and said I'll take her. He's allergic to buns so I think he was quite pleased that she went off to a rescue so quickly. He sees a lot of bunnies but has to mask up for any handling poor soul.

Or rather I was the lucky one. I hadn't even put my stuff down on the counter when I saw the box with the vet nurse saying 'rabbit'.

Vet didn't know what hit him as I grabbed the box and said I'll take her. He's allergic to buns so I think he was quite pleased that she went off to a rescue so quickly. He sees a lot of bunnies but has to mask up for any handling poor soul.

:lol::lol: I bet they thought a whirlwind had come in. Glad she's with you anyway :)

Back