• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tumours?

Jamesy14

New Kit
Hey well i have a male Netherland dwarf and saw 2 balls between his legs i think they are testicles but im not entirely sure (sorry he is my first rabbit) but yeah i just ant reassurance.

Also is there any tips on nail clipping becuase my rabbit hates it and last time when i did it i cut to far in and made him bleed, and im really nervous now :/

Thanks in advance

:wave:

Do they look like this: http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexingboys.shtml

If so, it sounds as if your little lad has matured :) I would strongly recommend you get him booked in to be neutered - it will help to calm him down and make him less sexually frustrated, plus of course it means that you may be able to get him a friend some time in the future without creating lots of additional bunnies!

Are you in the UK? If so, your bunny also needs 2 vaccinations so maybe ask your vet to show you how to clip his nails when you take him for his vacc :) If he has lots of exercise time on concrete, his nails will wear themselves down so you may find that you don't need to clip them as often in any case.

:wave:

Do they look like this: http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexingboys.shtml

If so, it sounds as if your little lad has matured :) I would strongly recommend you get him booked in to be neutered - it will help to calm him down and make him less sexually frustrated, plus of course it means that you may be able to get him a friend some time in the future without creating lots of additional bunnies!

Are you in the UK? If so, your bunny also needs 2 vaccinations so maybe ask your vet to show you how to clip his nails when you take him for his vacc :) If he has lots of exercise time on concrete, his nails will wear themselves down so you may find that you don't need to clip them as often in any case.

yeah they look like that but bigger. Also Would putting a towel over his head help with the clipping because he doesent like being on his back :/

yeah they look like that but bigger. Also Would putting a towel over his head help with the clipping because he doesent like being on his back :/

I would avoid doing that as you might inadvertently suffocate him. It would be safer to clip his nails with him sitting upright and someone else holding him, or ask your vet to do it for you every few months. You can lie them on their backs but rabbits find this position very stressful and it should only be done when necessary and they must be held firmly to prevent them twisting and breaking their backs - I would always ask someone to help you so one holds and the other clips if you are not confident. Overall, the vet will clip them in a few seconds which might be less stressful for both you and bunny.

Back