• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for Housebuns

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
With having all my buns outside normally i have quite a few ideas for toys but now i will have a bun who will live inside with us and was looking for suggestions to keep him entertained so he doesnt get bored. Either home-made or things to buy all ideas welcomed :wave: I need to try and keep his mind off the wallpaper :lol::wave:

My buns like cardboard boxes that have a little opening carved in. They bite it and go in it and knock it over! Also maybe paper towel rolls.
Paper, a ball (not bouncy ball. a blown up plastic one), and a lot of other things! Those are just some ideas for quick toys. Stuff around the house. Hope this helped! :D xx

And yellow pages. In fact any catalogue or directory. Beau likes to sit on a big pile of them and nibble the top one:roll:

My housebunnies love willow balls (the ones you can buy in pet shops) which they, erm, destroy:oops:, and dog toys which they love to pick up and throw around. They also love fresh willow sticks and young branches off our apple tree. Tubes of any kind are also very popular. Apart from that, they tend to find odd things to occupy themselves with: Lulu for example loves our dining room chairs. She jumps onto the first and then onto the next - round in a circle.... keeps her entertained for hours!;)

barnsley loves chill 'n' chew mats from the hay experts (or simplyk9), they look like door mats but are safe to chew and eat, i wedge a corner under the sofa to give a bit of resistance and he radges at it like a thing possessed!!

And tunnels - don't forget tunnels! You can get some good ones which collapse into a bag so they can be easily stored.

do they need different toys to those outside??
Mine have a jingle ball and few other rattley type things to throw around, hay/grass balls, sticks, tunnel, tub to sit in, boxes to climb in an out of, sometimes toilet rolls

do they need different toys to those outside??
Mine have a jingle ball and few other rattley type things to throw around, hay/grass balls, sticks, tunnel, tub to sit in, boxes to climb in an out of, sometimes toilet rolls

No they dont need toys different to those outside - but i know some toys are better indoors than out and vice versa. Was just looking for other suggestions :)

And tunnels - don't forget tunnels! You can get some good ones which collapse into a bag so they can be easily stored.

I h ad one of these before but werent much use with the wind outside - had when elliot was indoors so i think i will get another - thanks for reminding me! :D

Back