• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Comfrey in for Dental: Worry Worry Worry UD He's round already!!!! LOVE!!!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Never had a bun in for a dental before.

Comfrey came to me as a very thin and poor condition bunny from a rescue situation where his teeth had been overgrown because he was neglected for 2 years and stuck in a hutch. He had them trimmed before coming to me but still hates hay and grass (and dandelions, and milk thistle and willow and parsley and apple twigs and . . .) so I guess it was inevitable.

After almost 3 months with me, this weekend he started pawing at his mouth and not eating so much.
This morning I took him to the vets and they are doing a dental on some spurs on his back teeth under light gas.

I HATE it when I have to leave one in the vets. the house seems all wrong and I worry and worry and worry. Usually I get my partner to sign the dreaded 'consent to treat' forms but he is not here for two days and poor Comfrey needed his dental before his cheeks got too sore.

Comfrey has become a totally different bunny after 3 months with us - he loves us and trusts us and loves his strokes and just this week we have bonded him with Milk Thistle.

Worry Worry Worry.

Won't be able to work today. Please think lots of positive thoughts for him!!!

Will try and post a photo (he is harlequin).
IMG_0301.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, what a beautiful bun!
He'll be fine, but sending lots of vibes anyway.
Let us know when he wakes up.

Aww, what a beautiful bun!
He'll be fine, but sending lots of vibes anyway.
Let us know when he wakes up.

Will do! They are going to ring me straight away!

he is so lovely . . . :love::love::love: and he just loves me so much as I am the first person/thing that has ever loved him.

I get the impression from here that dentals are pretty common!! Guess we are just very lucky. Sme of mine eat so much hay and willow and apple twig that the vet says their teeth are practically worn down to the gum (lol) :lol:

Just thought i'd tell you my experience with a dental so you don't worry - my Amber took a while to like her previous favourite foods and pellets after her dental -especially hay:?

He's round already!!

They just rang to say he had come round already!!! I only took him to the vet for a diagnosis appt 2 hours ago!! Thats super quick!

I am SO relieved! Can get on with work now. Can collect him at 1pm.

Thanks to everyone that had time to comment:)

Hes already started to eat pellets again - after an afternoon of syringe feeding banana and recovery mush!

Im so proud! he is such a fighter - having come through 2 years of hell in a small lonely htch. i want to give him such a long and happy life now.

Hes already started to eat pellets again - after an afternoon of syringe feeding banana and recovery mush!

Im so proud! he is such a fighter - having come through 2 years of hell in a small lonely htch. i want to give him such a long and happy life now.

That's so lovely! Lucky bun!

Back