• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bengal more pics pg3 ;) lol

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Betula just being Betula, took some recent piccies of her... we went to the vets for her booster last week, the vet was rubbing her hands together as i walked in saying she'd be excited all day saying she loved bengals and had never met an F5 bengal :lol: we had veterinary students and everything, Betula is a celeb!!!

IMG_1775.jpg

She gives paw for treats
IMG_1784.jpg

chatting away to the birds
IMG_1774.jpg

Its a tough life being a celeb
IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

If you want an interview you have to go through my agent
IMG_1763.jpg

Last edited:
She is gorgeous! I love the sleeping photo showing her cute little mouth

The most exotic cat I've met in the fur was a safari cat that was bought into the rescue, although once it was feeling well no-one could get near it again:lol:

She is totally beautiful.
A friend of mine got her Bengal from a bengal Rescue.
Being a stunning,valuable breed,Im surprised rescues for bengals exist,but they do.:(

She is totally beautiful.
A friend of mine got her Bengal from a bengal Rescue.
Being a stunning,valuable breed,Im surprised rescues for bengals exist,but they do.:(

Betula is an ex-breeding queen, she was bought for £1800 as a breeding kitten. I got her when she was 3 and shes now enjoying her retirement with me. It is easy for alot of bengals to develop behavioural problems though and being the type of cat they are many are too much for people and they just dont know how to handle them, quite alot end up in rescues because of this. Have to say there are lots of responsible breeders that do retire their bengals at the appropriate time and find them very loving homes and educate people about the breed. All good breeders will always take cats back. Betula was very nervous of new people when i got her, she is scatty around people if they are standing, but once your sat down and she comes to you on her terms shes very loving. Shes definetely my cat though.

Shes beautiful :love: What a pretty name too :) Id love a cat but the dog thinks otherwise :roll: xXx

Shes beautiful :love: What a pretty name too :) Id love a cat but the dog thinks otherwise :roll: xXx
Thanks it means 'silver birch' i cant take the credit for it, she was obviously already named. Im hoping my cats will take to a dog one day :shock::D

I think your Bengal is stunning!!!:love:

There is one that lives down the road from me and it has a habit of stalking our chickens...... Luckily we have a cat/dog/fox proof chicken pen....

My bengal Trixy looks just like her, apart from yours has a tail! Trixy had to have hers removed when she broke it :love: Betula is beautiful!! Bengals are my favourite cats :)
This is my bengal;
IMG_1036.jpg

they are both stunning. Someone was giving one away on gumtree the other week, and I came across the Bengal Rescue, whilst reading around about bengals. I read they were highly territorial and more like wild cats. How do your bengals react to your buns, and have you experienced any behavioural problems. OH now has his heart set on one

The only problem we have with trixy is she likes to wee in the bath :?:oops: But i'm sure thats not because of her breed.
To be honest, she doesn't pay any attention to buns, she is a very loving cat towards me, a complete lap cat. Bengals are wonderful :love:

they are both stunning. Someone was giving one away on gumtree the other week, and I came across the Bengal Rescue, whilst reading around about bengals. I read they were highly territorial and more like wild cats. How do your bengals react to your buns, and have you experienced any behavioural problems. OH now has his heart set on one

Bengals have alot of energy they are very vocal but it does depend on the cat. Betula is an early generation cat so she does have wild traits but its just takes time and patience to create a bond and teach them what behaviour is acceptable and what isnt. It is like any animal you research the breed and bring them up accordingly, its human induced behavioural problems usually. Betula was 3 years old when i got her but I've trained her to not chase the buns and to behave with them. She loves them now :)

IMG_1568.jpg

BSaffy.jpg

buncat3.jpg

Last edited:
Betula was 3 years old when i got her but I've trained her to not chase the buns and to behave with them. She loves them now :)

Awwww, Betula is absolutely gorgeous. :love::love::love:

Out of interest, how can you train cats not to chase the bunnies? We've just adopted an 18 mth old cat, Skye, and we're not sure how she would react around the bunnies if they were ever fee range in the garden when she was there. Skye is very interested in the buns when they're in the aviary but I'm not sure whether it's in a predatory way or a friendly way. :?:lol: I'm not really planning on letting them mix on a regular basis, but it would be nice to know the buns won't be eaten if Skye happens to get out while they're roaming.

Awwww, Betula is absolutely gorgeous. :love::love::love:

Out of interest, how can you train cats not to chase the bunnies? We've just adopted an 18 mth old cat, Skye, and we're not sure how she would react around the bunnies if they were ever fee range in the garden when she was there. Skye is very interested in the buns when they're in the aviary but I'm not sure whether it's in a predatory way or a friendly way. :?:lol: I'm not really planning on letting them mix on a regular basis, but it would be nice to know the buns won't be eaten if Skye happens to get out while they're roaming.

Well Joey and Saffy were indoor buns to start with, Betula goes on a harness which is easier so i popped her on that to begin with. Its as much getting the bunnies used to her as the other way round, if they dont run away its less likely the cats with think of them as toys/prey. If Betula was starting to stalk I'd say 'no' firmly and interupt her focus on them. My cats dont go out so they dont hunt im not sure whether that helps? My buns are so used to the cats they come bombing up to them, so when it came to introducing Crystal she was more scared of them!! Betula has been chased by Joey after trying to stalk Saffy so she has a healthy respect for the buns now and they all get on fine, of course its always supervised.

Back