• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for rabbit room

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Hi All

My little man is going to be moved into the spare box room hopefully this weekend coming (we bought the lino for it yesterday and now just waiting for the OH to fit it) and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I can put in there to make it more interesting for him please?

I was going to build a platform of sorts with the nic cubes and he's got some toys already but they're going to look tiny in his new room, I don't want it to look bare and empty and boring for him

some old carboard boxes to hide in some tunnels you dont have to go to exspense for these make them with boxes joined together or look out for building materials lying around. What about a dig-dig pot if you dont mind mess. Old plant pot with some mud in hide carrots in it for him to dig out. Dangle stuff if you can for him to knock about.

oooh i like the idea of dangling things, there's hooks on the ceiling already too! :)

Will have to hunt down some boxes and hope he doesnt eat them lol :D

Thanks for the ideas!

What about kids plastic stools and chairs? I only paid £1.99 for the plastic kids chairs and stools, the buns love sitting on them/under them :lol:

I agree with the cardboard boxes, but various holes in them to make it more fun for him :)

Green snugglesafe tunnels? Theyre fab and last ages! Unless you have any building sites near you, then you may be able to get some gas pipe or something from one of the builders ;)

Our buns have a wicker laundry basket in their shed... i shall try and get some pics later to give you some ideas :) xXx

jumping baskets - untreated rush/natural baskets strong enough to stand on or hide in.

toddler slide - with a cloth securely fasted for grip - although tabitha will slide down on her side when the cloth is off! matthew likes to stand at the top and survey his kingdom...

What about kids plastic stools and chairs? I only paid £1.99 for the plastic kids chairs and stools, the buns love sitting on them/under them :lol:

I agree with the cardboard boxes, but various holes in them to make it more fun for him :)

Green snugglesafe tunnels? Theyre fab and last ages! Unless you have any building sites near you, then you may be able to get some gas pipe or something from one of the builders ;)

Our buns have a wicker laundry basket in their shed... i shall try and get some pics later to give you some ideas :) xXx

Ooooh more ideas! :D I'll have to go on a hunt for kids stools this weekend :D

Its just a shame that he'll have to go back into his original indoor cage for a couple of days whilst everything gets sorted. There's going to have to be a shift around of furniture and boxes and there'll be nowhere for his nic set up to go whilst all thats going on. I feel really guilty putting him back in there, he's going to hate it, he'll chew the bars again :oops::cry::oops::cry:

jumping baskets - untreated rush/natural baskets strong enough to stand on or hide in.

toddler slide - with a cloth securely fasted for grip - although tabitha will slide down on her side when the cloth is off! matthew likes to stand at the top and survey his kingdom...

I'd worry too much that he'd hurt himself, he'd probably launch himself off the top! lol.

Back