• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding footage... expert opinions please...

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
This was taken after about 3hrs together. What do you think? Should I leave them together tonight in the downstairs loo. I've got my sleeping bag ready on the couch.... o/h isn't too happy about that! :lol: (They've been in there about 6hrs now)

Does this look like normal bonding behaviour?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrQ9umJY_k

p.s. you might want to turn the sound off when you watch it. O/H didn't realise I was filming and had Pirates of the Caribbean on very loud in the background. :lol:

I'm not an expert, but it looks good to me. When I was bonding Charlie, there was more humping and he'd chase Mable if she did too much. They look fairly calm about it all, I'd wanna keep them together :)
You have gorgeous buns :love:

My advice is to go with your instinct. One night on the sofa is well worth it for the peace of mind IMHO. As I just said on Lola & Desmond's thread - I'm not 100% confident and am therefore now in my sleeping bag on the blow up matress in the dining room!

Didn't watch all the video but yes, all looks completely normal :)

Your black & white bun has some fascinating markings!

Here's hoping we both have a quiet night x

I'm not an expert, but it looks good to me. When I was bonding Charlie, there was more humping and he'd chase Mable if she did too much. They look fairly calm about it all, I'd wanna keep them together :)
You have gorgeous buns :love:

I'm in my jammies on the couch tonight. :lol: I hope they get on ok through the night! :bunny:

My advice is to go with your instinct. One night on the sofa is well worth it for the peace of mind IMHO. As I just said on Lola & Desmond's thread - I'm not 100% confident and am therefore now in my sleeping bag on the blow up matress in the dining room!

Didn't watch all the video but yes, all looks completely normal :)

Your black & white bun has some fascinating markings!

Here's hoping we both have a quiet night x

I'll be checking your thread tomorrow morning (and probably through the night too), hope it all goes well. x

Argh, I've had a major fight. They were really tearing into each other. I've taken Skye out and now I'm scared to put her back in with Leo.... She's breathing really fast and her wee heart is racing.

your Duch is being submissive and the other one is only mounting to show who's boss. as long as it stays that way they should be fine. I've never seen a rabbit that looks like your brown one. I want one.:)

Argh, I've had a major fight. They were really tearing into each other. I've taken Skye out and now I'm scared to put her back in with Leo.... She's breathing really fast and her wee heart is racing.

I sat with Skye on my knee until she had calmed down a bit, then waited until Leo lay down all stretched out before I put her back in. They are both quite calm now.... unlike me! :shock:

Skye was getting more and more annoyed with Leo humping her and it looked like it could end in another big fight shortly. So, I'm sorry to say that I have put Leo in the carrier and left him in beside Skye so they can still see and smell each other.

I think after 8 hours of humping it was getting too much for her (and me!). I know I'll probably get slated for splitting them up but I'd rather do that and try again tomorrow than end up with an emergency vets bill and a traumatised bunny. :cry:

Looks like it was going well, this is the trouble to start with, are they both ok, no wounds or blood? Set aside the whole day with them, the trick is to intervene when it looks like there is going to be a fight i used a water bottle because its better than touching them. When they are abit damp it does encourage them to groom, dont be disheartened looking at the video im sure they will bond, took me 5 weeks with my four now that was horrendously stressful and i can tell you i was in tears several times, never thought we'd get there.

Just be patient and keep trying...You'll get there eventually...Even if you put a little mashed banana in someone's fur, it encorages them to groom each other ;)
I can't wait till mine are old enough to be fixed so that I can (hopefully) bond mine

sorry, didn't see this before i posted:oops:

Thanks guys.

They were fine, no wounds or blood. They are still in the downstairs loo just now with Leo in the carrier.

I'm just about to try again. :shock:

Good Luck. Frankie was just like that with Fidget but thankfully Fidge is so submissive that she just accepted it so my bond was very easy.

When comparing with some bonds i have read about on here it des sound that, aside from the scuffle, things are still going well.

Just keep at it and best of luck :)

It has all been pretty uneventful this morning. A bit of humping then Skye jumped up onto the ledge to get away from Leo. She is sitting there cleaning just now and Leo is sprawled out on the other side of the loo. :)

I get very jealous when I hear stories like that. Wish I had bunny love at first sight. :lol:

awww you'll get there, have to say my pairs where dead easy, dreamer and tinks humped for 10 mins and then were like an old married couple :lol: My four were really hard though so i know how you feel.

I just feel like saying to Leo "she's lying there letting you hump her so get over it and give her a wee cuddle!" :lol: But he just keeps at it for hours and :censored: her off.

Which is understandable. There's only so many times you'd let a guy hump your head! :lol::lol::lol:

Back