• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost lost Millie & Gem!

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Nextdoor neighbour came and asked if we'd found our bunnies - I had no idea what she was talking about as I had only come home that morning. Apparently she had sent a text to my nan to say there were 2 buns running round the street but my nans phone was off. Nan locked up the buns last night and opened them up this morning but obviously didn't check if they were all there.
I got my dog and started looking around but my dog wouldnt leave the front garden - amazingly she shooed them out of the bushes and i got them! They had been out all night and stayed in the front garden:shock:
I feel soooo lucky!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: Oh my god!! that is very lucky.!! Good dog :D!
I remember i came home one day and it was quite late at night, we JUST got in the back door, and i was standing at the back door with the door open and my sister said to me "why is Pringle standing behind you" i turned round and here he was on the step seeing what we were doing :shock::shock::shock::shock:. He'd managed to get out under his hutch through a tiny gap! luckily enough he came up to me and i got him but i dont know how long he'd been out for :shock:!

I didn't really have time to panic, luckily i found them in about 3 minutes so it was all like GO GO GO!
There were loads of little rabbit poos in the road so they must of been playing out there. Thankfully my street is very queit and my buns seem to like staying home!

Wow animals are so clever, it reminds me of when my nephew lost his hamster and they couldn't find him. Then he heard his cat outside the backdoor meowing, he had the hamster in his mouth like they would hold a kitten. The hamster was unmarked no bite wounds etc..

Wow animals are so clever, it reminds me of when my nephew lost his hamster and they couldn't find him. Then he heard his cat outside the backdoor meowing, he had the hamster in his mouth like they would hold a kitten. The hamster was unmarked no bite wounds etc..

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Once or twice I've had the buns free range in the front garden which is totally secured and gone down to the rear garden, forgetting to shut the gate behind me.

Ruby, being such an inquisitive little rascal has come running down to the rear garden, followed by my dog, Fresca who has come charging behind her with a look of panic on her face! Of course, that alerts me and we usher Ruby back to the front together. :lol:

Fresca is a flock guardian so her instinct is to guard who or what lives within her territory. Don't know what I'd do without her! :)

Back