• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola and Desmond bonding-new photos added 5/8/09

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
I have the very pretty (but mischievous!) Lola and lovely Desmond staying with me for a few days in the hope that I can re-bond them for Lola's Mummy :)

All going as expected! :) We've had LOTS of kisses and snuggles .... one bout of humping from Desmond :oops: (although Lola kinda brought it on herself by pushing so far underneath him!) and a few chases/scuffles. It's more grooms and snuggles then anything else at the moment, I'm pleased to say :)

Let's just say that Lola is somewhat demanding! She demands kisses from Desmond ... and can be quite forceful about it ... but he is mostly giving her what she wants ... and he gets LOTS of lovely licks in return :) Not long ago he did a big flop on his side, next to her ... sorry Laura, wasn't quick enough with the camera!

Anyway - here are a few snaps. Both are happy - eating (even Lola!) and drinking and generally pottering around. I'm attempting to finish my cross stitch picture ... in conjucntion with "bunnyvision!".

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
My babies!!

Ah they look so happy.

Thank you so much Abi!

Lola and Desmond you behave nicely to each other and be kind to Abi.

Lola good girl for eating.

Aww, they look lovely together. :D

How long did that take? I've been at it for about 4 hours this evening and they are still chasing and humping... no snuggles yet :(

its been a bit of a long one. they were together before but ended in a big fight! Abi seems to have the magic touch!! - we gave them to her for bonding at 1pm and they seem to be good at the mo!

They have been in cages next to each other for 4 months and groomed like that so we had a little of a head start!

I hope it works for you! Not nice watching though is it?

Bedtime.

All has been fine (including all their evening routine, food etc) except for one scuffle about half ten. Not trusting them 100% yet so it's the blow up bed & sleeping bag for me! I may be on the forum on and off all night - at least now I can lie in bed & use my iPhone :)

Fingers crossed for an uneventful night ...

Bedtime.

All has been fine (including all their evening routine, food etc) except for one scuffle about half ten. Not trusting them 100% yet so it's the blow up bed & sleeping bag for me! I may be on the forum on and off all night - at least now I can lie in bed & use my iPhone :)

Fingers crossed for an uneventful night ...

Hope it goes ok. I'm on the couch in my sleeping bag with my pair too. :lol:

How was your night? :wave:

:wave: Hi! Fine thanks :) They had one chase at 7am that woke me but they soon stopped when I thumped on the floor! Other than that they've either been lying together or not far apart and there's been lots of grooming too :) Currently having a big snuggle :love:

Sleeping bag & blow up bed was actually very comfy :lol:

How are yours now?

:wave: Hi! Fine thanks :) They had one chase at 7am that woke me but they soon stopped when I thumped on the floor! Other than that they've either been lying together or not far apart and there's been lots of grooming too :) Currently having a big snuggle :love:

Sleeping bag & blow up bed was actually very comfy :lol:

How are yours now?

Skye has been running away from Leo, don't think she is impressed. They are still in there though. If it looks like there might be a fight coming I give them a quick squirty of water and that sorts it out.

Update - Monday, 5.15pm

All quiet on the Western front! :D In fact, VERY quiet! They've spent the whole day so far just sitting next to one another and grooming :D :D

I think Lola is a bit upset that I won't fuss her ... but it's all a tactic to get her to like Desmond more!

Will put some more photos on later ... though they're not going to be anything different or more interesting to yesterday ... sitting together and snuggling :love:

Last edited:
I am sorry that you had to sleep on the blow up bed!

Hope last night was better!!

Sure that Lola is sulking.

I am still very shocked that Desmond is cleaning Lola!! That sounds good.

Missing my little ones :(

Ended up on the blow up bed again as, despite absolute harmony and love from 7am, at 10.30pm they had a big chase :( I will have a permanent reminder of Desmond on my finger for many weeks from where I separated them!

Quiet night though. Are doing more flops next to one another, with feet kicked out behind, and still lots of grooming. As I type they're sat in the corner of the pen like a pair of bookends!

Laura-was it you calling this morning?

Naughty buns!!!

I am sure Desmond was very apologetic for biting you! well i hope he was?

Hope they let you get some rest!

Nope wasnt me calling you?

Naughty buns!!!

Nope wasnt me calling you?

I wonder who it was then?! Was odd cos it was my old mobile number. Oh well, if it's important they'll call back.

Desmond is currently fast asleep! Lola is sitting proudly by his side :lol:

I just wish I knew what kicks off these very occasional (but quite nasty) chases, given that the rest of the time they're SO loved up ...

Will be watching c. 10pm with great interest!

Weather not great but will get them outside for a blow of fresh air if I can - see what happens when they move to another neutral location x

Strange - sure they will call back.

He looks very innocent when he is fast asleep!

Yeah we couldnt figure why they love each other then have nasty chases! Its very strange! The only trigger we saw was when he was mounting her and she nipped to say 'get off'.

It was around 10pm when they had the big fight with us aswelll... puzzling

Maybe the fresh air may help.

Back