• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch...shelter in the runXD

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
I finally managed to make a better hutch-run setup for Cloud and Zakura:thumbsup:
A friend of mine gave me a small hutch with a hatch on the side, which unlike my other hutches aren't raised from the ground (which they need to be in the winter). The hutch itself isn't big enough alone, but it makes a great shelter for the pair, so I don't have to carry them in and out whenever its raining. :rolling:
They have food hay and a cozy little house inside, and a run to play around in when they don't mind the weather (which they normally don't:lol:)
P1010001-10.jpg

P10100022.jpg

P1010003-7.jpg

The house is easy to remove if it needs cleaning, the hatch isn't visible in the pictures because its on one side, they have free access to the great outdoors:3

How long do they spend in there??? Just it doesn't look very big or very fox proof???

The hutch is small yes but the run is quite big:3
And I haven't seen foxes coming very close, there's plenty of dogs and cats around to chase them of (or just bark..since the dogs are locked up obviously)
I've used these runs for years, sometimes even 24-7 and never had any problem with predators.

I finally got some good pictures of Zakura and Cloud together too:D I've been trying since I first bonded them months ago...but Cloud is just so nervous he hides the moment I show up...
Lovey_Dovey_Zakura_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Luckily he's got Zakura there to comfort him. She's not a killer Rabbit all the time XD
Cloud_and_Zakura_chilling_out_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Stop_bothering_my_boyfriend_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Zakura: Okay that's it...stop bothering my boyfriend.

Back