• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emley Show Rabbit Jumping - Anyone See? Or pics?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Hi, I was wondering if anyone saw the Rabbit Jumping yesterday at 2:30?
I'm doing a write up on it for a magazine, but desperately need some comments and pictures :(

I did:wave: There was only one bun who'd ever done it before - he'd been learning 3 months & he was really lively & good:lol::love: I was talking to the woman there too - she's a rabbit appreciation-y thing woman from Hudds.

I was interested in seeing it cos wasn't sure on my views - but the one bun who was any good (Harley) was clearly loving it, & stuffing his face with dandelion leaves. Of the others, most were show rabbits whose owners sat 'em in front of a jump to see if they liked it.

I was less impressed with the rabbit showing - no hay in a single cage:evil: And the most gorgeous harlequin mini rex baby I have ever seen - it was for sale & I had to walk away:cry:

oh wow where was this i want to go and see jumping buns... My winnie loves jumping and i would love to learn more about it.

There was a piece in the Daily Mail about some Show Jumping bunnies a few months ago. I think I kept the clipping. If anyone is interested I will scan it.

I did:wave: There was only one bun who'd ever done it before - he'd been learning 3 months & he was really lively & good:lol::love: I was talking to the woman there too - she's a rabbit appreciation-y thing woman from Hudds.

I was interested in seeing it cos wasn't sure on my views - but the one bun who was any good (Harley) was clearly loving it, & stuffing his face with dandelion leaves. Of the others, most were show rabbits whose owners sat 'em in front of a jump to see if they liked it.

I was less impressed with the rabbit showing - no hay in a single cage:evil: And the most gorgeous harlequin mini rex baby I have ever seen - it was for sale & I had to walk away:cry:

That was me and Harley :) I'm his proud owner :lol: And two rabbits had done it before, my other one (Flash, who's in my picture) has done it before, but isn't as good. Harley has been learning for about a year and a half, and Flash has been for about a month. And the woman is Maureen Hoyle :) She's very friendly.

EDIT: Oh, and my rabbits didn't have any hay, but I'd given them a mixture of dry food, dandelion, mint and blackberry leaves and fruit :lol:

Demi you should have come and said hello to us - would love to have met you and Harley. Did you manage to keep dry? We got stuck in the mud and had to be pulled out by the lads on the tractors:lol:

Demi you should have come and said hello to us - would love to have met you and Harley. Did you manage to keep dry? We got stuck in the mud and had to be pulled out by the lads on the tractors:lol:

Well we got to the showground at about half 12, put the rabbits in and practised untill half 2. We did have a break, and me and a friend walked round, but it was so muddy we only just made it round a few animal tents. It wasn't raining when I got there, but started soon after the competition :lol:

If you are at Honley or Emley show next year, Ill have to come and see you :)

We will hopefully be at both - we will also be at the Penistone show in September if you are coming to that.

I'm sure I'll be at Honley and Emley, but doubt Penistone. I've quit showing in the pet section, it's too much stress for me and the buns doing that and the jumping at the same time. So yeah, I only go to the ones where there is jumping on.

Its a while till Honley, so hopefully my new baby bun (And first rescue rabbit) will be all trained up and jumping :) Although I'm sure no ones quite as enthusiastic as Harley :lol: He was even sucking up to the judge ;)

That was me and Harley :) I'm his proud owner :lol: And two rabbits had done it before, my other one (Flash, who's in my picture) has done it before, but isn't as good. Harley has been learning for about a year and a half, and Flash has been for about a month. And the woman is Maureen Hoyle :) She's very friendly.

EDIT: Oh, and my rabbits didn't have any hay, but I'd given them a mixture of dry food, dandelion, mint and blackberry leaves and fruit :lol:

Aww - Maureen was talking to us before the jumping & saying Harley had only done it 3 months:lol: He was gorgeous though

I'm sure I'll be at Honley and Emley, but doubt Penistone. I've quit showing in the pet section, it's too much stress for me and the buns doing that and the jumping at the same time. So yeah, I only go to the ones where there is jumping on.

Its a while till Honley, so hopefully my new baby bun (And first rescue rabbit) will be all trained up and jumping :) Although I'm sure no ones quite as enthusiastic as Harley :lol: He was even sucking up to the judge ;)

Was the baby the lop? He was soooo cute

My bun, the rescue rabbit was the tort (Uppy ears, although now his ears are starting to lop). The white and lilac tort lop is a friends, I was looking after it whils't they were on holiday.

Back