• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiggy & Rosie Join Rabbits United

bunnypaws

Young Bun
Just thought I'd introduce my two house bunnies to everyone and give a bit of background for them..

Tiggy was bought on a whim from Pets at Home, we had only gone in for some chinchilla food! We stopped to watch the bunnies at play and were captivated by the little stripey bun with ears that were too big for his little body.

We quickly went round the shop buying all sorts of stuff, including a cage that was really not suitable! Once we got him home he quickly settled and captured our hearts (the cage is now a base for a little bunny lawn in the garden).

After several months with Tiggy, we decided he might be lonely so contacted Sonia at Bunny Camp in Bradford, she had a sad little 9 month old bunny called Zena who had been very neglected and had already had nine kits. Once Zena had been neutered and given loads of TLC by Sonia, we took Tiggy to meet his bride, talk about love at first site!! They have been inseperable ever since and Mark (my Husbund) and I, love to just sit and watch their antics.

We renamed Zena as Rosie (she didn't seem to mind)

I have 'owned' many rabbits in the past, who were sadly kept in a hutch, I can't tell you how guilty I feel now that I have lived with these two and realise just how cruel it is to keep bunnies in a hutch in the shed. They are such rewarding and loving little creatures and definately deserve better than what is sadly the norm.

Welcome to RU Bunnypaws :wave:

I became a rabbit owner for the first time last year and I have picked up a mine of information from the wonderful members here on RU.

Would love to see some pics of Tiggy & Rosie please? :D

I have 'owned' many rabbits in the past, who were sadly kept in a hutch, I can't tell you how guilty I feel now that I have lived with these two and realise just how cruel it is to keep bunnies in a hutch in the shed. They are such rewarding and loving little creatures and definately deserve better than what is sadly the norm.

Don't worry hun, most of us have done it, and it's only thanks to RU that I realised how rewarding bunnies can be if looked after properly. I truly believe they are the best pet in the world, every single day Beau makes me smile :D

Welcome to RU :wave:

Hiya and welcome!
When I first had bunnies, they had lots of space, but the most appalling diet - until I found RU that is! Still learning now.
Enjoy and piccies please!

Piccies of Tiggy & Rosie

002HOME230706-1.jpg

316HOME110508-1.jpg

356HOME070908-1.jpg

388HOME010609-1.jpg

391HOME010609-1-2.jpg

Thank you

You have all made us feel very welcome.:thumb:

I love talking rabbit with anyone daft enough to listen.....Looks like I've found the place to be:D

Aw great pics! You'll be taking even more to show off on here now :lol::lol: Can't wait for my buns to come home :)

Rosie's Babies

Oooohhh, what lovely buns.
Welcome! Youll love it here!:wave::wave::wave:
Rosie looks a bit like Cats Lola.

Rosie had 9 kits before she was taken to Sonia at Bunny Camp and they all looked just like her, except she has a slight lion head and ruff, the babes didn't. I would love to hear from anyone who might have one of the babies. They would be about 3yrs old now. I know one was called Paula and there were a pair called Shane & Shona. I also believe that their Dad (Jeff) was rehomed

Back