• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freerange idea

steph1705

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave: i have a freeranging question. Im moving soon and my new garden should be bunny proof,i have 2 pairs of buns and my idea is to let them take turns to freerange during the day but both pairs will be hutched up at night.My question is - Is it unfair to let them freerange 1 day and be hutched up the next? daisy and bluebell have a 5ft double hutch with attached 8ft x 4ft run and star and frosty have a 6ft happy hutch with run. Also i know this is a rabbit site but can g piggies freerange? They have a new 4ft happy hutch and run waiting for them when we move. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi everyone :wave: i have a freeranging question. Im moving soon and my new garden should be bunny proof,i have 2 pairs of buns and my idea is to let them take turns to freerange during the day but both pairs will be hutched up at night.My question is - Is it unfair to let them freerange 1 day and be hutched up the next? daisy and bluebell have a 5ft double hutch with attached 8ft x 4ft run and star and frosty have a 6ft happy hutch with run. Also i know this is a rabbit site but can g piggies freerange? They have a new 4ft happy hutch and run waiting for them when we move. Thanks in advance for your help :)

can you bunnies smell/hear/touch each other at the mo? I used to have two pairs, one had a hutch and freerange and the other pair had a hutch run ... all could see/hear/touch each other through bars. When I let the non free range bunnies out, the other pair didn't like it much.

Now all 4 live together in a shed and they all have the free run of the garden - could this be an option for you?

I think it would be fairer to have one set of bunnies out in the morning and another out in the afternoon, presuming you are home. If you are not home then I wouldn't let them free range at all, I would look at extending their runs instead. Anything could happen whilst you are not there.

If you are moving house and the whole area is new territory for both of them you could take the opportunity to try bonding them all together.
When we moved house we always took the new territory as time to introduce another bunny and as they were all in new place and scared they bonded just fine.
could be worth a try xx

Back