• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jake-I Think Christabel May Have Been Wrong-U/D 3rd August

Im so sorry Jane,You and Jake are in my thoughts and prayers.I wish I could come and give you a massive hug at this devestating time

I have just tried to contact the On-Call Vet (NOT Christabel) and his bloody phone is on answerphone :evil:

Also, he's the Vet who last time told me he knew nothing about Rabbits..........

Jake has the worst bloat I have ever seen :cry:
He has had two different anagesics, Ranitidine, Buscopan, Gripe water and fluids.

I will try and contact the supposedly oncall Vet again but I suspect his only input will be PTS

:cry:

Jane your rabbit knowledge is probably only surpassed by a very rabbit savvy vet! If you manage to get through to an 'average' vet and he suggests something you're not happy with go with your gut instinct! Everying crossed for Jake big vibes ~~~~

Sending (((gut moving vibbes))) down the road to you this morning. Hope things start to improve very soon.

Poor Jake. :( Sending lots of get well vibes for him and I'm hoping that he pulls through. x

Finally managed to speak with the Vet.
He said that I have done more than he would think of doing and that if I felt I needed him to come out all he would do now is PTS.
As a codicile he added 'and that would cost you £100 + Drugs + VAT...................

He would not attempt to tube Jake to deflate his stomach and he would not attempt any surgical intervention.

I am to call him back if/when I want my Rabbit Euthanised

Oh no Jane :cry: sending vibes for Jake xx
I don't know why we have this :censored: vet on call it is a joke really when he hasn't got a clue, i am going to start searching fir anther rabbit savvy vet in the area again

Back