• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do ANY buns like being picked up?

James loves being picked up and cuddled :love::love:

ETA most bunnies don't like being picked up because of them being prey animals

All of my 4 foster buns love being picked up and cuddled :) My own 4 buns dont though! :lol: xXx

i have 2 rabbits and they are both so diffrent..

Ginger is a right moody cow:lol:..hates been picked up, stamps her feet everything.

sooty is totally diffrent...he loves cuddles will lick my face, if i am not stroking him he nudges me :lol:..sits on my lap for hours. when we go to vets he comes over and puts his paws on my chest.. like to say mammy dont do this please:)

i have 2 rabbits and they are both so diffrent..

Ginger is a right moody cow:lol:..hates been picked up, stamps her feet everything.

sooty is totally diffrent...he loves cuddles will lick my face, if i am not stroking him he nudges me :lol:..sits on my lap for hours. when we go to vets he comes over and puts his paws on my chest.. like to say mammy dont do this please:)

Aww Sooty! :love:

blue loves being picked up and held, hes a really cuddly bun. jumps up onto the sofa to lay on your lap, stands up resting on your leg when he wants to be picked up.

With Kasper it depends he has his moods

But my fav FFA bun Coco Love attenion beinng picked up and is very cuddly!

funny thing is People gave us coco because they said she didnt like being cuddled or any attion
But yet every time some one comes near shes begging for attion!

You can enjoy them without being picked up :D

Both mine are ok with being picked up, as in they wont attack you. But they would much prefer cuddles on the bed or noserubs in the hutch. :love:

I have 8 buns.

1 loves to have a cuddle
6 tolerate being picked up
and 1 of them turns into a possessed monster if you try and pick him up :lol:

I THINK Barney rather enjoys it. He'll let me pick him up with minimal fuss, and once in my arms he sits quite comfortably, I don't have to keep hold of him so much as just make sure he cannot fall. He's very curious, though, and seems to appreciate the advantage heights gives him when it comes to looking around. Plus, he gets all affectionate when carried - I end up licked all along my neck, chin and face. :lol: I think one of my bunnies is scared of heights, as she hides her head and hyperventilates through stress if held for too long... I get stamped at by my moody girl... But they all tolerate it, just about, to varying degrees. :)

I don't think any of mine actually enjoy being picked up but most will usually tolerate it without any fuss.

I have a couple who will lull you into a false sense of security and then suddenly start to thrash around violently :roll:

my matthew will be cuddled for hours .... but daren't admit this, so runs if i try to pick him up.

tabitha only tolerates attention if her feet are on a firm surface - but she purrs nicely when her shoulders are rubbed.

daughter's charlie rabbit walks up to her, stops, and looks at her until she picks him up and cuddles him. he's a delightful cuddly fluffball.

his sister, however, will hide at the mere thought of a cuddle.

I have one boy who used to love being picked up, since the day I carried him into the vets for his neuter, he turns into a monster if I even try to put my hands round him :evil:
My 2 babies, Misty and Bolt don't move at all. I held Bolt for over and hour in my arms today at show, and didn't struggle when the judge picked him up (He went away with 2 rosettes...Pet judge would most like to take home, and best eyes :roll: my OH was so proud of him :) )
And my housebun Rory hates being picked up, unless it's by me for a snuggle. Frank doesn't much like it, as he knows when I pick him up its medicine time.
Snowy runs away when I try to catch her, but once she's up, she'll sit still for hours :roll:

Moonshine and Scraggles love a little cuddle!!

Shadow and Storm can not stand it, though Shadow will tolerate if she is centre of attention and people are "ooh-ing" over her :roll:

Autumn and Twilight semi-tolerate it. Twi used to love it, but she has not forgiven me for her spay yet and is being a grump!

There's only really Noah of ours that loves being picked up - he adores being laid out with us, cuddled, kissed & snuggled into :love: He's a real mummy's boy! :love:

I only have 2 buns who like to be picked up - Phoenix & Lola. All the rest absolutely go mental when I pick them up!

Only Roger likes being cuddled and actually periscopes for you to pick him up - but that's only one out of my 8 buns!
The rest tolerate it, whilst two actually hate it:cry:

Back