• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big bunny people - neutering

Lillian

Warren Veteran
At what age would you recommend spaying a German Lop?

I really want my girls spayed as early as possible so i can get them bonded with James, but i don't want to spay them too young.

Some people say Giants should be neutered older than normal buns... is it something to do with their growth? :? My Ronnie was neutered at 19/20 weeks old. And Lola was neutered at around 6 months old approx xXx

I was planning to spay at 6 months, but i didn't know if it should be left longer as they are still quite small :?

i think it will depend not only on the indervidual vetinary practice but the size weight and overall condition of the rabbits. they refused my fench lop male until he was 6 months.

All my female buns have been done at 6 months old or thereabouts but my vet told me recently that they will spey bunnies at 4 months especially the bigger ones because then their size isn't an issue for aneasthetic.

My vet said he preferred to spay giants at five to six months, as if left until much older they're harder to spay due to layers of fat. How true that is I don't know, at any rate Daisy was done at six months.

ive just had my 13 months old conti spayed,i only got her last weekend.she was spayed friday and is back to normal today.

Back