• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay

*fluffybunny*

Warren Scout
Hello :wave:

Just thought i'd mention to anyone living in the west mids and buy dust free hay.
I use a pet shop (which doesn't see livestock) in cannock to buy my normal hay which is called 'natures best devonshire hay' which is dust extracted and my buns love it! Anyways i was in there today to stock up and saw some hay in a green bag called 'dust free hay'. I'd seen the website for dust free hay but it was too expensive (£18 plus carrige) but always did want to try it.
On closer inspection this hay was indeed THE dust free hay! Its made in derbshire and is made by the same company, and even better it cost £2.99 for a biggish bag, i'd say about 3kg and it says it expands to 8 times the size!
I bought my normal hay and a bag of that to try with my buns.
What a bargain, I didn't know you could buy it in pet shops, just direct from the website? Or do other places sell it??

We sell this in our online pet shop and I have to state that although it is made by the people who do the DFH at the DFH company it is NOT the same hay as you get in the hessian bags, it is the trade version made for pet shops. i.e whereas you get a choice of soft or stalky, the ones in the green bag is a mix with some Timothy hay thrown in too. The bags are on average 2kg each. The rrp on them is £2.99 and we currently have them on offer at £2.50 if bought in packs of 5 or 10.

When we first stocked them we advertised them as DFH and then spoke to Norman at the DFH company who said it caused problems stating this as his normal hessian bag customers thought it was the same stuff we were selling considerably cheaper and he gave us the above information.

Would not want people thinking they are going to be getting specifically soft or stalky - though to be honest it is gorgeous hay and smells really sweet:D

Which pet shop in cannock... we are from cannock too :wave: I think i know which your on about... kinda just down the road from Asda?? Dont want to name it just incase we arent allowed ;) If its the same shop, they are amazing there and will order anything you want! I order the burns green oat hay from there xXx

Hiya,

I saw it said stalky but my buns like stalky hay! Its still good for £2.99, and i don't mind that its in a plastic bag not a hesian sack. havn't tried my buns on it yet caused i want them to finish the one their used too, otherwise they might go on strike and demand the dust free stuff :lol:
and yes hun I don't mind naming, afterall im not slating it ;) Its called 'First for Pets' on an Industrial estate, I think its called cedar smething. I live in Birmingham but travel about 20 miles, what we do for our buns :roll::D

I know Norman, and can confirm that it is his hay, but not as fab quality as the hessian sacked stuff, but it is still far superior to the usual pet shop hay you can buy. I havent been able to get up to Norman for ages - I used to go and pick up my hay direct from him, but a local pet shop stocks the green plasitic bag stuff, and its very good, he also does straw in yellow plastic too ;)

We sell this in our online pet shop and I have to state that although it is made by the people who do the DFH at the DFH company it is NOT the same hay as you get in the hessian bags, it is the trade version made for pet shops. i.e whereas you get a choice of soft or stalky, the ones in the green bag is a mix with some Timothy hay thrown in too. The bags are on average 2kg each. The rrp on them is £2.99 and we currently have them on offer at £2.50 if bought in packs of 5 or 10.

When we first stocked them we advertised them as DFH and then spoke to Norman at the DFH company who said it caused problems stating this as his normal hessian bag customers thought it was the same stuff we were selling considerably cheaper and he gave us the above information.

Would not want people thinking they are going to be getting specifically soft or stalky - though to be honest it is gorgeous hay and smells really sweet:D

Just wanted to add that First for Pets in Cannock where i was getting the dust free hay from has closed down :( so iv'e ordered some from your online shop hun. It was me that phoned today :D

Back