• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats your bunnies favourite veg?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
I feed my bunnies carrots, spring greens, spinach, celery, brocolli, parsley and basil, not all at once but thats the variety.

They love springgreens but sometimes the shop desnt have them:(, they get carrot all the the tim and for a while Sammy wasnt eating them so I think he was getting bored of carrot.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try them with?

i think variation is important i try to only give fruit an veg thats in season too helps on the pocket when at local green grocer though he save the cauli leaves etc for as well so my buns get spoilt :lol:

mine do get bored of carrot an greens there little face seems to light up for a bit of apple peel or fresh mint

I feed my bunnies carrots, spring greens, spinach, celery, brocolli, parsley and basil, not all at once but thats the variety.

They love springgreens but sometimes the shop desnt have them:(, they get carrot all the the tim and for a while Sammy wasnt eating them so I think he was getting bored of carrot.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try them with?

cabbage is fine too and herbs such as corriander, how about dandilions, grass, clover, wall flowers, nasturshuims, apple leaves, pear, apple, colliflower leaves, hazelnut leaves, willow, blackberrry bush bramble, strawberry elaves etc...stuff you could grow saves the pounds if grown by yourself and is a nice tasty treat for the bunnys if you grow nasturshiums as they are edible to humans the flowers cna be frozen in ice cubes and make very pretty summer ice fo in lemonade etc! :) x

I buy the Excell dried mixed herbs to sprinkle over Frodos greens for a bit of variety. he goes mad for it!

spring greens. savoy cabbage outer leaves. parsley. kale. a little spinach. pak choi.

they're fussy. they don't like broccoli and they aren't fussed for carrot greens but they'll eat them.

actual carrot is a rare treat, once a week, a tiny piece. even more rare but loved, a tiny piece of mango. a bit of dandelion goes down well. a green bean will make them take a lap of honour round the sofa, beans held tight in mouths, before they settle to munch.

i havent tried them on strawberry leaves yet, but there are some in the garden, so perhaps this afternoon...

are my bunnies the only ones who believe that the sound of any door opening indicates that they should be honoured with an edible delicacy? and even more so, if anyone dare open the door to the fridge?

Spring greens, kale, parsley, fennel & mint. They also love carrot and any fruit but they don't get that very often

Our kids get alot of variety :) I feed 4-5 different veggies aday in small amounts. They get spring greens, savoy cabbage, normal green cabbage, curly kale, parsley, corriander, basil, mint, watercress, rocket, spinach, celery, cauli leaves, broccoli... probably more but i cant think right now as im waiting to win the lottery! :lol::lol:

They only get fruit and carrot like once a week. They absolutely love banana!!

I would try your bun on cauli leaves :) You can get them free from Morrisons or the local veg shop as they only throw them away :) xXx

Spring greens or cabbages, carrots, parsley, basil, rocket and cauliflower leaves. They also get dandelions, plaintain, raspberry leaf, strawberry leaf, mint, rosemary, dill, coriander, turnip tops, pak choy. Basically whatever I pick from the garden in the morning. They were very happy with me today as I managed to get them some Swiss Chard from the local country market today. :)

Last edited:
Buster is a herb boy! He loves basil, mint and parsley. He's also partial to a carrot and kale (or any kind of greens really).

However he would kill you for naughty things that bunnies shouldn't ever eat (like yogurt drops, biscuits and carrot biscuit things).

I get mugged for coriander.....they also love dandelions,strawberry leaves,mint,basil,spring greens,apple,banana,carrot,
Not so keen on broccoli......but they make up for it with rocket,watercress and baby spinach.(Rules obeyed with the fattening stuff and spinach as it causes a spot of trouble if have too much.Cant remember for the life of me what sort of trouble......:oops::roll:)
I love watching my 2 eat.....so funny!!
Mrs B just attacks like shes not eaten for days and Beebee shovels watercress in so fast his cheeks bulge.....:lol:

PARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEYPARSLEY

:lol::p

I know i'ts the wrong time of year but mine go mad for brussel sprouts and snatch them out of my hand !!!! They can't wait for winter LOL:D

My Jaki's fave has got to be brussel sprouts and she also goes mental when she see's a carrot! She munches a whole one in minutes :lol: x

Back