• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spots tummy - URGENT!!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Just been out to feed rabbits and Spot never came to food (not like her). I went and she ran away from me. I got her and felt her tummy and it felt really solid. Like bloated :(. Shes had problems with abcesses before in her stomach, im really just hoping its a little tiff and shell be ok... going to check her in another 10mins or so to see how she is :? really worried :cry:

Last edited:
I can't give much advice except she sounds like she needs a vet, and a rabbit savvy one at that...

I sugggest you edit the title of this thread to include the word urgent though so that anyone who's still online realises it's an emergency...

Thank you both, Shes kinda had this before but it was because she had an abcess. She was fine earlier, and she ate her breakfast :(. My vets are rabbit savvy so will check her in a little while and if shes still no better i shall phone them :(:(

Thank you both, Shes kinda had this before but it was because she had an abcess. She was fine earlier, and she ate her breakfast :(. My vets are rabbit savvy so will check her in a little while and if shes still no better i shall phone them :(:(

No problem, I do hope you can get it sorted safely. They always know the best times to be ill! :? Hope someone else comes on with more advice. I guess if she has a special friend bring her in where it's warmer unless you think that will stress her. Or perhaps you have a snugglesafe to warm her that way?

Do hope she's better soon....

She is in with Patch, i think bringing her in would stress her out even more as i tried it once after an op and she just was not hapoy what so ever!! :(... ahhh they are such a worry :(. Pringles having problems with his tummy just now and now Spot :(:(:(

EDIT i have a snuggle safe will try that although i dont think shed use it :?

Ive just brought Bugsy in so I can keep an eye on him....he didnt show any interest in his dinner either :(

Hope Spot perks up.x

Thank goodness you've got a rabbit savvy vet! I think you need to contact them ASAP. We've got everything crossed for Spot down here.

Thank you, her tummy doesnt feel as solid anymore, and she still seems quite active, when i go near her shes running away. Shes still not eating though :(. Going to try her again in ten mins and if she still aint right will phone vet for advice see what they say x

Spots fine :). She is running around in her run on the grass. She has eaten some breakfast and seems fine now. Im going to get her checked at the vet though as she has had problems with abcesses in her stomach area so going to get her checked for that. Just hope theirs nothing and it just just a wee blip :cry:! I put her in her run to see if she would poo and all she kept doing was running around then she went and sat in the corner where she could see patch :love:. She now has Patch in run with her and she seems quite happy :)

That's lovely news. I hope all goes well at the vets. These bunnies will be the death of us with their false alarms!!

Back