• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good news for Frank! :)

My eldest bun, who is 2 and a half, was taken to me vets about 5 weeks ago as I thought he had overgrown teeth; I was told his teeth were fine, but he had bronchitis; so he was on Antibiotics for a week, afterwards, they didn't help;
So after a couple more visits to the vet, I was told he may have myxi. So after a few days in isolation, I was cleaning his cage out, and noticed his top teeth were gone :shock: like totally snapped off, and that his food hadn't been touched.
He had a very close call after the local vet's locum (my vet was up country at a horse show) took 2 days to diagnose Stasis - AND he picked Frank up by the EARS!! - I told him what it was, the trainee vet nurse told him what it was...He insisted he was fine.
But last night, my boy finally started to eat on his own, my OH and I were sitting with tears streaming down our cheeks we were that happy :D
And now he's started...He won't stop :roll: :love:

:shock:
im glad your boy is now looking better but i strongly urge you to change your vet.

It was the locum I had the problem with, my normal vet is great, she knows all of my bunnies through her open days and pet shows. She does a lot of work for charity and has her own rehoming and fostering charity for small animals, as well as a cattery in her own home. She's a lovely lady too :)

Back