• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet carrier

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
:wave:

Where did you get yours and does it have an opening on the front and top? i need to get one but the only ones I can find have front openings

I have looked on ebay and can't find any suitable, are there any online pet stores I could look at?

It needs to be big enough for a french lop but small enough to carry by handle and fit in car

Thanks x

mine is perfect for my bunnies, but they are mini lops. opening at the front and top. from pah. about sixteen pounds or so, but that was two years ago. i keep the front separately because they play in it most of the time, using it to hide in or jump on.

I use these now because they fold flat for easy storage. Large doors front and side so easy to get the buns out and they take two large buns for travel to the vet with ease. I find they allow plenty of air to circulate ensuring the buns don't overheat but if they are getting stressed, I can just cover the crates with a towel.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Dog-Puppy-Crate-Cage-Car-Carrier-X-Small-601_W0QQitemZ320357174020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item4a96c68b04&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have a really good top opening funky purple one that I bought about 12 years ago from a garden centre. I've never seen them since but the vet always comments on how good it is when I go.

i paid about £8 in Wilkinsons for one that opens at the front, but you can also unclip the top half to get them out that way. It looks like a pain, but really isn't much hassle at all.

I always like the look of the wicker carriers, but suspect the buns would gnaw their way out of them!!

Back