• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding existing groups ???

mich8

Alpha Buck
I am just wondering how difficult it would be to bond my various bonded buns into one group of 6 ?????

The groups are..

a trio... 1 male, 2 females....... all between 1 and 2 years old.

a pair... 1 male, 1 female........ both under a year old.

single male ( due to him losing his partner Meg 2 days ago).... about 2 years

They are all fairly easy going buns.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome

Thanks

I've got a group of 4 that live in an enclosure. It started with two that were bonded at the rspca. I then added them 1 at a time. none of them were love at first sight. bonding them was like a full time job, 6 to 8 hours a day 7 days a week. the shortest bond was 2 weeks and the longest was 5. One of the rabbits ended up having to be re-homed after a fight or it would have been 5. she took 3 weeks for me to get her in and they were happy for 6 months before it happened. i've got a bonded mother and daughter to try and bond with the rest soon then then that will be it for me. I think that it will be possible for you to bond them all together but it could take a long time to do it. It'll defiantly be worth it in the end though. Good luck.

Back