• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strawberrys nail has dropped off!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
The bunnies are staying with my sister as I'm on holiday ar the minute. Strawberry cut his foot a few days ago and today his nail has come off. Will he be ok without the nail? He is still eating like a pig and jumping round everywhere so it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

The bunnies are staying with my sister as I'm on holiday ar the minute. Strawberry cut his foot a few days ago and today his nail has come off. Will he be ok without the nail? He is still eating like a pig and jumping round everywhere so it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

The nail will regrow :)

Just get your Sis' to keep an eye on the toe to make sure no infection sets in.

Thanks. I have told her to keep a close eye on it and she has given him a few days on septrin as I send their medicine box with them. I have no idea how he managed to do it, he is so accident prone!

My Kermits nail fell off and it just bled for a wee while then stopped.

His nail never grew back, but then again, this only happened a few months ago, so it might have come back.

The vets checked it out and said it was fine, and that this does happen from time to time.

Back