• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rammy, Effie and Stewie.

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I'd put some new pics up of my three babas :D
Stewie:
having a stretch
hamsters074.jpg

bathing
hamsters072.jpg

Rammy:
hamster015.jpg

Showy-off pic lol
hamsters009-1.jpg

Effie:
hamsters027.jpg

hamsters026-1.jpg

hamsters023-1.jpg

Effie's newish cage:
hamsters085.jpg

hamsters086.jpg

The cage set up and ready for my new chinese ham :D
hamsters088.jpg

hamsters089.jpg

I'm picking my new guy up at Emley show tomorrow :D Also I am picking up an extension for Stewie's Imac from the show :D

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Gorgeous - what more can I say!?:D

I miss having a hamster:cry: - they are incrediably special and amazing to watch!

Post some more pics please?!:wave:

P.S I love their set ups - I wouldn't mind living there:lol:

I love hamsters, they are so inquisitive and funny to watch :D Rammy is so loving aswell, Effie prefers being stroked to being held but she doesn't mind. Stewie is a very timid hamster (therefore he will never be used as a show hamster :) ) so taming is taking a while, I am quite nervous when it comes to taming hamsters but Stewie is making it easy for me :D he is lovely when he's fully settled :D

Thanks, I like making their homes as interesting as possible, (I know Effie's looks empty but I added some card board tubes etc :) ) Rammy lives in a bin cage like the one set up for my new Chinese hamster :)
I'll sort out some more pictures lol :)

Thank you :D

Well I've tried paper based cat litter, wood based cat litter, sahvings and megazorb and out of them all I prefer megazorb :D Shavings are ok but they just make so much mess on my bedroom floor :lol: for a long haired hamster I'd reccomend wood based cat litter or Back2Nature..the cat litter is alot cheaper though lol :)

Hi,

I am really impressed with your hamster enclosures. I have a hamster but am not happy with my store bought cage. What are you using for your pens? I would love some ideas to improve mine.

for my bin cages I used the largest bin from Ikea (the Sammla (sp?) collection) it cost £15 for the bin, lid, locks, nuts, bolts and washers :D For ventilation I used a NIC grid in the side and there is also one in the lid which is good for hanging hammocks from. Be careful which NIC grids you use though as some are large enough for hamsters to get through, I got mine from Screwfix :)

Back