• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeds from the garden

gillmanning

Alpha Buck
Hi - I've just picked a bunch of weeds out of the garden and was about to throw them on the recycling pile but wondered if they are ok to give to the bunnies? Are all weeds ok for buns or will they know which ones they shouldn't eat. Same goes for plants - do they know which ones they shouldn't eat? This morning Ruby got on the top of her run before I had a chance to close it and was chewing the leaves of one of my plants. I really don't mind them doing this so long as its ok for them. Anyone know :? ?? Thanks

If you do a search on the name of the specific weed it should bring up the info you need. Or try searching here for safe plant list. Rabbits won't instinctively avoid poisonous plants so if in doubt play safe...

My garden is overrun with weeds - tall ones at that. :oops: Smudge has free range when not in his run adn is eating them al the time - he's fine.

They definitely don't know what's good for them - I used to let mine out free range in the garden and they would go straight for daffs, ivy, buttercups, in fact anything that was poisonous. :shock:

If you are able to post photos of the weeds people may be able to ID them for you :)

Back