• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Firefly, Foxglove, Noah, April, Elf and a few others!

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Here's some pics I took this morning after I demolished the pear tree....

The lovely April

Picture886.jpg

joined by Foxglove

Picture890.jpg

Firefly makes a rare appearance...

Picture892.jpg

Starlight's Jack and Forest (aka Terence)

Picture902.jpg

Foxglove posing for a pic...

Picture889.jpg

Clover, Tigger and Noah

Picture883.jpg

April, Truffles (aka Foggie) and Caroline's Brock

Picture884.jpg

and last but not least, a couple of Noah's new hutch-mate Elf...

Picture900.jpg

Picture895.jpg

Last edited:
awww... brilliant :D if I do move out to France, I'd love to have a set-up like your's - just got to hope that everybun gets on:shock:

Awww its lovely to see them all :love: i do miss the 2 F's but can see how happy they are with you, i see the little madam has had no problems making friends! :love:

Awwww, lovely photos. April looks a bit like a horse, doesn't she? :lol: But don't tell her that. I would have loved to adopt her, but she has so much more space with you. And it looks like she has made friends with some of the others already. :D

Awwww, lovely photos. April looks a bit like a horse, doesn't she? :lol: But don't tell her that. I would have loved to adopt her, but she has so much more space with you. And it looks like she has made friends with some of the others already. :D

She's definitely unusual to look at! I was sure she'd find a home really fast but she seems very happy to be here. She makes her way into the shed at night with the others now, and is interacting with the rest of the group. It normally takes a month or so for them to settle in fully/find friends, so watch this space!

At the moment I think she favours Brock, my tri-colour dutch, but it's early days...(Brock came in as part of a bonded pair but his girlfriend fell in love with Truffles, another Honeybunny, so he's currently single:shock:)

Last edited:
She's definitely unusual to look at! I was sure she'd find a home really fast but she seems very happy to be here. She makes her way into the shed at night with the others now, and is interacting with the rest of the group. IOt normally takes a month or so for them to settle in fully/find friends, so watch this space!

At the moment I think she favours Brock, my tri-colour dutch, but it's early days...(Brock came in as part of a bonded pair but his girlfriend fell in love with Truffles, another Honeybunny, so he's currently single:shock:)

It must be really interesting to watch all the interactions between them and how they change over time. Brock would be a good choice, April seems to have taste! :lol: Are there some bunnies that can't stand each other and cause trouble?

They are all bonded in the loosest sense of the word, ie they recognise each other and are quick to identify any new additions to the groups. But it's like living in a mini-soap opera sometimes - relationships do shift around a bit and some buns have self-bonded into pairs, like Toadstool and Jack, Mulberry and Twilight, and Captain Carrot and Scamper, all without any intervention from me!

The Brock/Bluebell (formerly Snoopy) break-up did surprise me, as they came from Eastbourne as a bonded pair and seemed very happy together. But then Brock became less keen to enter their shared hutch at night, and Bluebell was spending a lot of time hanging out with Honeybunny's Truffles (formerly Foggie). At that point I gave in to what they seemed to be telling me, and let Bluebell share her hutch with Truffles while Brock joined the big group in the shed. But I felt bad that Brock had been "deserted", so when I went to meet Sue (Mackers) to get April and Noah I took Brock along for the ride and he and April shared a carrier all the way back. It seems to have started something because last night they were hanging round together and were last to enter the shed, and in the end I suspect theyll end up as a loosely bonded couple. I have loads of those. Very little mutual grooming with my pairs but lots of companionable sleeping in the sun together. Carrot and Scamper do groom each other though, and helped clean each other's eyes when they both got nodular myxi.

I suspect the relationships are less intense than between "real" bonded pairs but all of them have one or more bunny they hang out specially with, and all are also part of a mini-group within the big group. There is chasing and fur-pulling occasionally, but touch wood no latching on, and lots of space for them to run off to hide in if they feel it best to do so. Generally they get on really well as a big group, and certainly pick up each other's signals about food/going to the shed at night and so on. And when Angel was freaked by the puppy (he's been trained out of that now, thankfully) her little "group" stood around her guarding her until she felt better.

They are all bonded in the loosest sense of the word, ie they recognise each other and are quick to identify any new additions to the groups. But it's like living in a mini-soap opera sometimes - relationships do shift around a bit and some buns have self-bonded into pairs, like Toadstool and Jack, Mulberry and Twilight, and Captain Carrot and Scamper, all without any intervention from me!

The Brock/Bluebell (formerly Snoopy) break-up did surprise me, as they came from Eastbourne as a bonded pair and seemed very happy together. But then Brock became less keen to enter their shared hutch at night, and Bluebell was spending a lot of time hanging out with Honeybunny's Truffles (formerly Foggie). At that point I gave in to what they seemed to be telling me, and let Bluebell share her hutch with Truffles while Brock joined the big group in the shed. But I felt bad that Brock had been "deserted", so when I went to meet Sue (Mackers) to get April and Noah I took Brock along for the ride and he and April shared a carrier all the way back. It seems to have started something because last night they were hanging round together and were last to enter the shed, and in the end I suspect theyll end up as a loosely bonded couple. I have loads of those. Very little mutual grooming with my pairs but lots of companionable sleeping in the sun together. Carrot and Scamper do groom each other though, and helped clean each other's eyes when they both got nodular myxi.

I suspect the relationships are less intense than between "real" bonded pairs but all of them have one or more bunny they hang out specially with, and all are also part of a mini-group within the big group. There is chasing and fur-pulling occasionally, but touch wood no latching on, and lots of space for them to run off to hide in if they feel it best to do so. Generally they get on really well as a big group, and certainly pick up each other's signals about food/going to the shed at night and so on. And when Angel was freaked by the puppy (he's been trained out of that now, thankfully) her little "group" stood around her guarding her until she felt better.

Aww, sounds really nice to be a bunny living with you! they get to be themselves and befriend anyone they want :love:
Sounds great, its nice that most of them get on with each other without any main fights.
Lucky bunnies!! :love::love:

Back