• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
There is a rabbit being offered in my local newspaper:

'black and white rabbit. Friendly rabbit. Free to good home. £10 for cage. Accesories free. Rehoming as dogs in garden.'

I cant take this rabbit on BUT i was wondering if i took him if any rescues would have room for him? I am based in Worcestershire but next week will be in Hertfordshire so could be anywhere near either place.

if you are giving him to a rescue you would need to inform his current owners as they are rehoming him to whomever they feel is a good home. i have to say that unless he is in dire need or medical need it wouldnt be a case the rescue wouuld likely take. tthats not saying rabbit not worth it just that everywhere is so full you would either have to vaccs and neuter yourself adn rehome him that way or would need to advise the present owners about rabbit needs. sorry if that sounded heartless its just all rescues are overflowing. hope the little bun gets a good home whomever with . x

Hi,

It doesnt sound heartless i was more worried because he is free and you hear all the horrible stories when they are rehomed for free.

It doesnt say anything about his health etc so no idea on that.

I know how busy the rescues are ... wouldnt know how to go about rehoming myself.

Feel very sorry for this poor bunny :(

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=128046 If you read the above thread there is good advise about rabbits which are advertised for free on the ads.

Liz is happy to contact them to offer advise to owners on how to rehome their rabbits and to assess the situation to see if the animal is at risk. If at risk she will contact any rescue which is able to help. If the animal is not at risk she will give appropriate advise on what they can do to rehome the rabbit.

Sadly most rescues at the moment are constantly full and under constant pressure to take more rabbits in, priority therefore has to be given to at risk rabbits.

I hope that this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back