• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My group of male Guinea Pigs :)

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
I have successfully bonded all 4 male piggies. After a bit of an uprising from Kale we are all settled. :D

004.jpg

006.jpg

Hey they are lovely, any tips, as i have two guineas who keep squabbling on and off and now have two of everything so they dont argue (bit like my kids too) and are better but still squabble if they get too close or in each others trays etc.
One is called rolo and is about 3 or more and the other is revel and he is only about 9 months x
Would love to find them sleeping together or huddled up x

I've no real experience to speak of, just I 'bonded' Kale and George then introduced the two newbies. I don't think you'll ever get male pigs huddled up together or washing each other, its more of a mutual (sp) living arrangement. Where each pig has his space, but company at the same time.

As long as you never have blood you'll be fine. My males before always use to rumble and grumble at each other, but its only saying 'I'm boss, you remember that and get out of my way'.

Where do your piggies live?

You are prob right, they live in the living room in an nic pen and one end is seperated by a grid and is covered by a rug like their bedroom and they sleep there and look through the bars from their tray, the other end is open and has fleece.
They do seem to swap sides but never sit in the same side together lol xx

I'm very impressed. It so unusual to see groups of boys.

My two are bad enough at the mo, though I think it must be the weather or something as I've lost count of how many 'my boys are fighting' posts there are on TGPF.

:love: I love groups of pigs :) I've only seen my boys grooming once- after a scary trip to the vets!

Beautiful!!

I agree with everyone else's comments - well done for bonding them it is indeed unusual to see males together!

Aww don't we all love piggies:D

P.S I know this is out of the blue but do you mind me asking where did you get these hay from - they look so fresh and gorgeous?!

My piggies are fussy with hay - only likes fresh greeny timothy hay but haven't been able to find some good ones. Recently I ordered Timothy hay sample pack from 'The Willow Warren' and they don't seem to be that keen on them :roll:

Back