• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Difficult Vet Consult This Morning -U/D 1130am

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I will be discussing whether I should let Bernie and Mr Bean go today :cry:
And possibly Jake too.

Whilst Bernie and Mr B are both reasonably OK within themselves right now they both have terminal conditions, the symptoms of which are worsening for both of them :cry: I just dont know what to do or when to call it a day :cry:

Jake has now stopped eating and pooing and his liver remains huge and hard :cry:

I am really sorry that I am continuously posting about all my Bunnies' problems.
I'm just finding it incredibly difficult to cope with the emotional part of being 100% responsible for these wonderful little animals. I love them all so much but I would NEVER want to postpone letting any of them go just because I cant bare to loose them.

Sorry if all that makes no sense :oops: I am a bit of a wreck at the moment :oops:

:cry:

Last edited:
I really feel for you Jane,Its absolutely heart breaking seeing your little friends so poorly and not being able to do anything more for them.You are in my thoughts and prayers always xxxxxxx

Oh Jane, i do hope that whatever the decisions are you manage to feel right about it all.
Your buns know that your looking out for them and they will know that you are doing whats right.
It must be hard being responsible for so many, i only had one and that was hard enough.
As i said, your buns all know your doing whats best and they love you! (and we love you and your buns too!)
Ill be thinking of you today.
Kirsty x

whatever you do, you will do with lovingkindness for the little friends in your care. they could not be more loved!

Good luck today, in circumstances like these I usually let my vet decide as it's too easy to let emotion over ride my head, and I trust my vets judgement 100%. Thinking of you xxx

:(:(:(:(:( Thinking of you. Very hard choices to make but i'm sure between you and your brilliant vets you will do the best possible for the buns and will make the right choice whatever they may turn out to be. The buns couldn't be in better hands.

I think Jane, you know these bunsters the best, and if you are contemplating this decision, you must have picked up on the signs. I understand what you mean about when is the right time, last Christmas vet suggested it was time to let Bunny go, he had lost weight, was obviously not well, but he still liked his nose rubs, and would munch on the fresh herbs I gave him, so I decided to take some pain relief and antibiotics and see what happened over the next week. He picked up, and put on a small amount of weight, and here we are 8 months later :) I was very aware tho, that if he hadn't improved I would have had to consider the options.

I know you will make the right decison for the buns

hugs by the tonne coming your way xxxx

Thinking of you today, I'm not surprised you find it so hard. Making one decision of that type every now and then would be hard enough - but potentially 3 at the same time's unthinkable. You will make the right decision however hard it is.

So sorry Jane, what time will you be there? I will be down at 10.15 this morning so if you want some moral support you know where i am xx

I know so well how you are feeling! It is incredibly difficult especially when an animal still has the will to live, but the quality of life isn't there anymore! :(

I tend to go by the rule that I'd rather PTS a day too early than a day too late.

Vera

Back