• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

concern for nobby...

mimi75

Alpha Buck
hi everyone,do you remember my gorgeous stray bun nobby that was claimed but then returned to me(after me pining for him for a week)???well he is booked in for an xray tomorrow after having treatment for incontinence over the past week(he was on baytril).mrs h-b checked him today as since stopping the treatment he seems to have become worse.anyhow she cannot feel anything obviously wrong which is why she would like bloods and the xray.he seems fine in himself,i have not noticed increase in water intake. although i did just find a couple of spots of what looked like clear mucus(almost like a small slug trail)he is generally pooing ok too(there were a couple of bouts of diarrhoea the other week but again he was examined and felt that it was diet related).i realise she will be checking for kidney probs and E.C.i am worried about my little fellow.any advice would be much appreciated,thankyou.

Every good wish for little Nobby. You have one of the leading rabbit vets in the country, so he's in the best hands. My only suggestion is to take his favourite toy/something smelling of you or his partner bun with him, if f h-b allows that.
Please keep us up dated with his news.
Judy & Thumper.

thankyou for your reply judy.i am very worried about him.his incontinence seems to be getting worse,although as yet he is still clean around that area and no scalding.last night when i was laid with him i noticed he had passed a small clear jelly-like lump of discharge,i'm assuming it's coming from his bottom.i know he has the very best care,but after losing 4 bunnies in the last 18 months i'm terrified i'm going to lose him too.he is such a snuggly bun and will sit with me for ages on the settee.love him to bits.:(

thankyou for your reply judy.i am very worried about him.his incontinence seems to be getting worse,although as yet he is still clean around that area and no scalding.last night when i was laid with him i noticed he had passed a small clear jelly-like lump of discharge,i'm assuming it's coming from his bottom.i know he has the very best care,but after losing 4 bunnies in the last 18 months i'm terrified i'm going to lose him too.he is such a snuggly bun and will sit with me for ages on the settee.love him to bits.:(

Good luck at the vets :D

I'm so very sorry to hear of all your recent losses, & can understand how worried you must be about Noddy. It may be that a "rabbit chat" thread would give you more of the support you both need at this difficult time. There are some lovely caring people on this forum, we understand all too well how worrying it is when our bunnies are poorly. Everything crossed for little Noddy down here.

I hope you've had some positive news, I do remember how totally you fell for this rabbit when you first met him and how important he is.

I have no advice however, you are doing everything I would do ie getting 'Auntie Frances' to have a look!

Please let us know how you got on.

cooooeeee everyone:wave:well the little hobgobblin is home again.at this stage frances is a bit flumuxed as his xrays were clear.bloods will be in next week.i pm'd 'hugo's there' as nobbys symptoms sound similar to the lovely austin(binky free austin xx)just milder.fortunately at this stage nobby is not suffering any scalding and is quite clean at the moment.however frances did say there was a little gas in his tummy so has prescribed domperidone to see if we can eliminate the mucus and gas.fingers and paws crossed.i will keep you all posted.thankyou.:wave:

Back