• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah & Eve - bloomin abcessess!!!!

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
What is it with us & vets at the moment? :?

Since having Alice to the vets at the beginning of the week for an xray - we've now had to take in Noah & Eve this evening. Eve has an abcess that has appeared on the side of her back left foot, which burst this morning :? At moment we're just treating it with abx, metacam, keeping it clean & manuka honey - we've got to see how it goes over the next few days. Thankfully it's not bothering her one bit & is quite small at the moment, but it was pretty yucky this morning when it burst :?

Then came home from work this afternoon & Mark was tickling Noah under his chin & found a bloomin lump on the left hand side of his jaw :? It definitely wasn't there a couple of days ago when I checked him. Quite why it's just appeared we're not sure. He's completely fine in himself - eating & pooing for England, but it does worry me because of where it is :? Jane wants to remove it to be on the safe side as she's certain it's an abcess, although his teeth appear fine - he's booked in for Monday. We didn't want to risk it being done tomorrow & then needing the emergency vets over the weekend - as we don't trust them one jot!

Just hope both bloomin abcesses can be sorted without too much trouble for both poor Noah & Eve.

Last edited:
Sending loads of vibes Denise, hope they soon recover - I think all members of RU should get a discount at the vets, we all seem to spend so much time there:?

Thanks Sue - I know - I said to Jane our vet tonight we need to buy a house next door to the vets!!! The car knows it's own way there! :roll: To be fair they don't charge us consultation fees & give us 20% off all treatment etc - which is a massive help :)

Thanks Sue - I know - I said to Jane our vet tonight we need to buy a house next door to the vets!!! The car knows it's own way there! :roll: To be fair they don't charge us consultation fees & give us 20% off all treatment etc - which is a massive help :)

My vets are about 12 miles away, and I can guarantee I have to do a last minute dash before they close:roll:

Hello eve!
Peanut Butter here! Just want to say i had an abcess on the back of my foot and its lots better now so just be brave :)
sending binkies!
P.Butter

Just to say Charlie had a huge abcess under his jaw, and he is now completely abcess free. He had surgery, it came back but burst kept it clean and open with honey and it just got smaller and smaller.

Lots of love to the two poorly buns.

Thanks guys, Noah & Eve really appreciate your vibes for them. Eve seems to be doing ok - thank god for manuka honey! Noah's abcess though seems to be getting bigger :? But he's doing ok & has even been trashing his pen tonight when I put him in it so Archie & Emily could come out :roll: He's now sprawled out on the bed with Mark :love: Just want to get Monday out of the way for our little man :(

Hello eve!
Peanut Butter here! Just want to say i had an abcess on the back of my foot and its lots better now so just be brave :)
sending binkies!
P.Butter

:wave: Hello Mr PB, fank you for you vewy kind message :) I am being a vewy brave girl. Mummy says my foot is going in the right direction (whatever that means - I fought it only went in one dirwection :lol:), fingers cwossed or paws cwossed seeing as I is a bun! I can't do many binkies nowadays as I is getting on in bun years, but I am not letting my poorwy foot stop me from enjoying my time wiv my bunny fwiends :) Hope your poorwy foot is a lot better, Eve xx

Thanks Abbie - will let you know how Noah's op goes. Eve's little foot is looking better each day, so I'm not too worried about that - just mystery why it appeared :?

Back