• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean??

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Hi there

Ive never had this with any of my other rabbits, probably because they were much bigger, but for a few days now, Rimmi has taken to getting up on my shoulder and 'grooming' my head! He doesnt nibble my hair or anything, he kind of does something to the scalp... not really sure what, but it tickles!! And he likes licking my ears, lol.

I know hes a happy bun because as I type he is going mad all over the kitchen/ living room, doing stunts and binkying, lol!! :p

Any ideas what this grooming thing means is welcome!!

Thanks

Jeanna and Rimmi

100_0811-1.jpg

100_0812-1-1.jpg

awwwww he's grooming you :love: my old dutch used to do this and saffy my white does this too if i lie down next to her. It means he loves you :D

Awww.... I hope he does! Lol, have only had him since Monday before last (just over a week)

Hes quite a quirky character, its so funny seeing him binky and pull stunts around the room. He seems really happy (but does grumble when you go to his bedroom - thats his place) lol

Thanks

Out of all our buns, the only one to head for our shoulders is our Netherland Dwarf! He seems to like being up that high (he also likes the back of the sofa)

Maybe it's a size thing! ;):lol:

When I first got my Smudge he used to spend ages grooming me. It's one of the reason I got him his girlfriend Suzi. I felt guilty that he didn't have anybun grooming him back. Anyway, now they groom each other quite a bit and it's lovely to see :)

Smudge will still spend hours licking my OH. However he (Smudge!) seems to get very frustrated by my long hair and won't lick me for long at all (or maybe I just don't taste as nice as my OH :?

Lol, maybe it is, Rimmi climbs everywhere!!

I quite like him sitting on my shoulder... but only when I am sitting down.

Rimmi is going totally nuts binkying and running all over the sofas/me/floor/laptop because Ive just given him his dinner! (he took a few nibbles and he obviously so happy hes got to dance about it!!)

Bunnies eh?

When I first got my Smudge he used to spend ages grooming me. It's one of the reason I got him his girlfriend Suzi. I felt guilty that he didn't have anybun grooming him back. Anyway, now they groom each other quite a bit and it's lovely to see :)

Smudge will still spend hours licking my OH. However he (Smudge!) seems to get very frustrated by my long hair and won't lick me for long at all (or maybe I just don't taste as nice as my OH :?

Awww... bless.

Rimmi seems to be ok being the only bun at the moment, he gets spoilt rotten, plus my OH wont let me get another yet! (Plus, Rimmi is still a baby, perhaps get him a rescue gf a while after he loses his plums....that leaves me plenty of time to work on OH!!) tee hee hee!!

My oldest rabbit (Buttons) grooms me whenever I sit down in the rabbits enclosure. My sisters Rabbit Rexy does it as well. They are both alpha males so I think it has something to do with them accepting you as part of the pack. Of all the 11 rabbits I've had living here they were the only 2 that have groomed me.

Back