• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chicken pics

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Thought as I have had them for almost 2 months you'd better meet them. They are some of the 10 thousand that needed homes by the end of June. :)

002-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

Last edited:
Good on ya!! :)

The chickens are lovely! I have a lady comes in to work who adopted ex-battery hens and their feathers all came back and they are absolutely thriving and laying eggs :)

Ive always wanted chickens, ruddy parents :(

They are lovely btw :love::love: I love the way chickens walk.

Thank you for all your compliments. They are rescues, they were from the top row of battery hen cages so came to me extremely bald. Pinkie Pie (the one who is still quite bald) was one of the ones with lots of feathers so you can imagine how bald the rest were. I'm hoping Pinkie catches up soon.

They haven't stopped laying since they arrived, they laid 3 eggs on the way here. And are now producing 4 eggs sometimes 5 a day. :D

How wonderful.... they'll each grow new feathers when they are good and ready :D they are absolutly beautiful... I'm sure they are really enjoying themsleves now they are out of the little battery cages!

Hannah :)

What an uplifting thread. I remember the thread in June asking for homes.
I bet they ae wondering what the hell has hit them! They must be in absolute paradise!

Back